The Goalposters Exercise Check-in 06-24-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Goalposters Exercise Check-in 06-24-2021

4 checked in last week. I think these were last week's numbers?

2 made goals. 1 exceeded.
    1 didn't ma
    1 made partial goals.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Good afternoon Mamabug!

Looks like I'm the early bird again. Good week for me with all routines accomplished, some a bit better (core work), others evolving... cardio stuff now limited to treadmill always and then either the elliptical, or ladder / stepper. Cutting back on one of these last two has allowed a bit more distance on T-mill, a good thing.

Daily stretching 5x @ week, 30 minutes each using new order to routines is working. Regardless of upper body exercises the previous day! Not always the case but these past weeks...

I worked lower body (legs) trying to add more variety. Bringing some stuff from pool therapy into play. It's different on dry land but doable. A variety with and without ankle weights, different positions. Just moving legs around appears to reach muscles I've not worked in a while. This is where I miss my trainer, sigh.

Comment as to KoKo... last week she made mention of meditation / prayer helping control anxiety. Realized that in trying to be PC, I haven't said as much about prayer. Knowing that my prayer is heard, not whether it has been answered to my liking, is sufficient.

Let's keep at it.

Comment

Another epic week, Jer! Good for you
      I made goal with childcare 2x and garden work 4x.

Not making goals for next week as we're entering a record breaking heat wave. Plan to lay low inside and watch movies.
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hi everyone!

Jer ~ The effort and strategizing you put forth with your workouts is remarkable! What perseverance and mental stamina you possess.

I really enjoy reading your reports!

Seasha ~ Terrific! You achieved your goal!

Enjoy your retreat from the heat.

~ I accomplished my exercise goals, and I am truly grateful for that.

Doing my exercises, being able to stand up and walk (albeit in an unconventional fashion), and having a functional left arm and hand are gifts, to my way of thinking. Of course I want to preserve them for as long as possible.

I have been navigating through some difficulties lately, and so my sister has been coming over to help me a little more often. How fortunate I am!

I know that my anxiety is triggered by some of the insidious signs of progression, as when an ADL is at times more difficult, or when it takes longer than usual to accomplish a task.

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
        Comment as to KoKo... last week she made mention of meditation / prayer helping control anxiety. Realized that in trying to be PC, I haven't said as much about prayer. Knowing that my prayer is heard, not whether it has been answered to my liking, is sufficient.
        The meditation/prayers that I use for anxiety primarily puts my focus on other positive things, using various affirmations.

When I can raise my consciousness in this way, it works. Also takes practice. "As a man thinketh".....Proverbs

I will stay with the same exercise goals for next week.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 6X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

May we be calm, patient, strong, and of good courage.https://www.msworld.org/forum/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP///wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
          Not making goals for next week as we're entering a record breaking heat wave. Plan to lay low inside and watch movies.
          Just turned off Weather Nation channel.... they were showing the many records threatened through Sunday. Truly amazing.

Stick with your plan Seasha. Relax.

KoKo, thanks for sharing your concerns. Those '...insidious signs of progression, as when an ADL is at times more difficult, or when it takes longer than usual to accomplish a task' loom larger than they are when we allow anxiety into the mix. You realize this, half the battle!

I've read posts at MSW (remember back when people posted?) by people that are unaware that they are actually fueling the fire.

I don't claim to be impervious to unsettling thoughts. There is human misery, we are frail, prone to negativity. How we respond or act when facing it determines our worth.

Often our disposition or maybe? our will alone lifts us but my money remains on prayer.

Hey Mamabug.... you didn't post your week, and Boudreaux how are you doing?

Comment

Hey Mamabug.... you didn't post your week, ?
            Yeah; I was having trouble getting my Garmin to sync so i didn't have my steps numbers. Sorry for the delay.

Partial goals but mostly OK.

Goals I had set:
            - Exercise 3x (group exercise, or something else active)
            - PT at home once or twice
            - Average in the range of 1200-1500 steps per day.

Goals I accomplished: - Exercised 3x. 2 Silver Sneakers. 1x bike riding with hubby.
            - PT at home 2x
            - Average steps per day: 1038. I was low on steps this week.

Next week's goals:
            - Exercise 3x (group exercise, or something else active)
            - PT at home once or twice
            - Average in the range of 1200-1500 steps per day. If i do better, it's a bonus.

~ Faith
            MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
            - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
            - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
            - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
              Goals I accomplished: - Exercised 3x. 2 Silver Sneakers. 1x bike riding with hubby.
              - PT at home 2x
              - Average steps per day: 1038. I was low on steps this week.
              Looks like a fantastic exercise week for you, Mamabug!

~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Boudreaux how are you doing?
                I'm doing great Jerry, thanks for asking.

Great job everyone on accomplishing your goals, even if only partially.

I'm really not setting goals right now. Just kinda taking it how it comes. Getting some stretching done and hitting the mats when I have the chance. This traveling job makes setting a routine tough and establishing a habit is impossible. Keep it going.
                The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Hey there Boudreaux!

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
                  Getting some stretching done and hitting the mats when I have the chance.
                  Sounds great! How's your sleep going?

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
                  his traveling job makes setting a routine tough and establishing a habit is impossible. Keep it going.
                  Understandable. Above all else, take good care of yourself Boudreaux.

Comment

Great efforts everyone! Haven't been replying lately with all this record breaking heat, but really proud of you all
                    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
                    X