• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goaliposters exercise check in thread 06-17-2020

Goaliposters exercise check in thread 06-10-2020

06-10-2021, 09:58 AM
    not sure who checked in last week.

? made goals.
    ? made partial goals. 1 was "rewarding". 1 was "challenging".
    1 is an "active" rest phase.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week.

Sorry about taking the lead with the Goalpost thread. Apparent that my cut & paste skills need assistance....

Made goals although they weren't defined at start of week. The order of routines within my stretching daily (5x @ week) sessions has brought me closer to past benchmarks. Not quite there but now know that that extra time warming up allows for better results. Should be a given but sometimes that extra time just isn't available or better stated: extra time wears me out.

Cardio good; 3 days 30 minutes each but now only do a single day using all three pieces of equipment. Also do 1/4 mile on treadmill each of these days, slight increase.

Arm strength / usage pretty good. Pleased that the stretching isn't effected the following day.

Leg strength still so-so. Maybe give a better effort this coming week.

All in all one last thing.... The time invested thinking about your body, with what you desire to accomplish continues even after your exercise session ends. Not just the ADL part which is great, but the mental process. Anxiety, which is suffering can be contained, a kind of discipline develops. Very useful.

Comment

Thanks so much for starting the thread. My internet was down for a few days.

4 checked in last week. I think these were last week's numbers?

3 made goals.
      1 made partial goals.

For new Exercisers:
      Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last w

~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Partial goals.

Goals I had set:
        - Exercise 3x (group exercise, or something else active)
        - PT at home once or twice
        - Average in the range of 1200-1500 steps per day.

Goals I accomplished:
        - Exercised 2x. 2 Silver Sneakers. I didn't make it to Senior Balance class and we didn't do any bike riding and I didn't substitute something else, such as YouTube. On the flip side, I did exercise 5x the previous week and two of them were on Wednesday, so I was only a day off from meeting this week's goals.
        - PT at home 2x
        - Average steps per day: 1308.

Next week's goals:
        - Exercise 3x (group exercise, or something else active)
        - PT at home once or twice
        - Average in the range of 1200-1500 steps per day. If i do better, it's a bonus.
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Good solid goals made, Jer, so too, Mamabug with you partials!

I didn't make any goals for the week. My husband was out of state for 10 days to visit with ailing mother. Gave me strict orders to take it easy as he was worried. Had so many people come by to check on me, no time for anything physical. Went to work in the garden one day and saw a huge pile of fresh bear poop so hightailed it back inside!

He's back home, so will try for 3-5 times this next week.
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hi everyone!

Great to see the efforts put forth by all of you, doing the best we can to maintain or improve our physical (and mental too) capabilities.

Short and sweet report today.

I achieved my exercise goals, with a little extra leg work each day.

Sit-to-stand is so much better, and thankfully less anxiety provoking.

I've increased my meditation/prayer, both in the duration and the frequency. This seems to be making a difference in my confidence, and also in the ability to calm myself when I begin to get all worked up into a tizzy.

Staying with my current exercise goals for next week.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 6X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

May we be calm, patient, strong, and of good courage.
            PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
            X