X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goaliposters exercise check in thread 06-10-2020

5 checked in last week.

2 made goals.
    2 made partial goals. 1 was "rewarding". 1 was "challenging".
    1 is an "active" rest phase.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Exceeded goals.

Goals I had set:

- Exercise 3x (group exercise, or something else active)
    - PT at home once or twice
    - Average in the range of 1200-1500 steps per day.

Goals I accomplished:
    - Exercised 5x. 2 Silver Sneakers, 1 Senior Balance, 2 "bike rides" with hubby
    - PT at home 2x
    - Average steps per day: 1735.
    Exceeded goals.

Next week's goals:
    - Exercise 3x (group exercise, or something else active)
    - PT at home once or twice
    - Average in the range of 1200-1500 steps per day. If i do better, it's a bonus.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hi everyone!

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post

Goals I accomplished:
      - Exercised 5x. 2 Silver Sneakers, 1 Senior Balance, 2 "bike rides" with hubby
      - PT at home 2x
      - Average steps per day: 1735.
      Exceeded goals.
      Mamabug ~ You are on a fantastic roll with your exercises! Super!! Bonus points for you!

~ I accomplished my exercise goals too, no bonus points, though.

Exercises went fine. Sit-to-stand is coming along well.

I had a few days of basically 'trudging' through. Can I blame the tropical dew points?

My new A/C is wonderful, but I don't think it can totally eliminate the dew point effects on my nerve signals. Three more oppressive weather days, and then some relief next week.

I will continue on with the current exercise goals for next week.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 6X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

May we be calm, patient, strong, and of good courage.

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Wow Mamabug - excellent news about exceeding you goals!

You too, KoKo - great work despite the heat. I'm not looking forward to hot weather as we don't have AC.

I actually had a better week this week:
        Childcare 2x
        Garden work 3x with the help of my friend and cool weather.
        Did some stretching and yoga which was needed after garden work

"Keep it going" as Boudreaux says
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
          I actually had a better week this week:
          Childcare 2x
          Garden work 3x with the help of my friend and cool weather.
          Did some stretching and yoga which was needed after garden work
          Seasha ~ Good for you! Terrific exercise week!

I love it when things turn out better than expected.
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
            As KoKo said! Seasha, you too Mama B, solid week for everyone! Hey Boudreaux hope the tightness is easing up... drop a note when you can.

I expected and received a partial week. Not that I ever have specific goals but do attempt to cover as many bases as one can without overdoing any thing. Each of us know our bodies well enough to anticipate consequences from overdoing it

Best news; By moving a stretch (with pole) from early in my daily routine to near the end I get consistently close to prior benchmarks (all 5 days @ 25 minutes each). Very pleased but not going to hoist the flag yet. MS is fickle.

The rest of week... 2.75 hours at best with more arm work than leg. Core work still good. Less time at gym was due to a visit Monday to a CCRC facility. On drive home was told we probably covered a mile walking. This was me lurching about without poles but with a orthotic (lift) in a pair of high-tops. Tired led to less gym time.

Comment

Hey there Jer!

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post

I expected and received a partial week. Not that I ever have specific goals but do attempt to cover as many bases as one can without overdoing any thing. Each of us know our bodies well enough to anticipate consequences from overdoing it

Smart and sensible thinking, Jer.

Best news; By moving a stretch (with pole) from early in my daily routine to near the end I get consistently close to prior benchmarks (all 5 days @ 25 minutes each). Very pleased but not going to hoist the flag yet. MS is fickle.

Super! May be a permanent benefit. In any case, enjoy while it lasts.

The rest of week... 2.75 hours at best with more arm work than leg. Core work still good. Less time at gym was due to a visit Monday to a CCRC facility. On drive home was told we probably covered a mile walking. This was me lurching about without poles but with a orthotic (lift) in a pair of high-tops. Tired led to less gym time.

Splendid week of exercise, Jer! The great deal of walking that you achieved gave you a full exercise week, to my way of thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
                The great deal of walking that you achieved gave you a full exercise week, to my way of thinking.
                Thank you very much for this comment KoKo.

I was pleased that despite my focus on the many varied conversations at the CCRC, I managed to mentally switch from one priority to another (discussion/questions to physical walking).

Also my ability to walk had a lot to do with ANY form of leg movement / exercise.

I know the goal posters are aware but those that are discouraged with their attempts... continue with the attempts. At the very least you develop the endurance we all need.

Jer

Comment

Also my ability to walk had a lot to do with ANY form of leg movement / exercise.
                  Awesome! This is so encouraging to know and remember!

I know the goal posters are aware but those that are discouraged with their attempts... continue with the attempts. At the very least you develop the endurance we all need.
                  Duly noted, Jer and thanks!
                  1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                  Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
                  X