The Goalposters Exercise Check-in 04-08-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KoKo View Post

MS behaves so differently from person to person. And opinions vary from neuro to neuro, and from expert to expert.

Look what I found - I bolded the interesting sentences, which I do like very much.

Primary progressive MS (PPMS)

In PPMS, the disease starts in the attack phase and there are very few periods of remittance (recovery). However, there sometimes may be periods of stability when symptoms do not worsen. As in the case of SPMS, there are times when the disease can be active or not active, with or without progression. Periods of remission may occur later in the disease. It is estimated that 10-15 percent of patients have PPMS.

Four Types of Multiple Sclerosis | MS News Today (multiplesclerosisnewstoday.com)

K!

Gotta admit, I like those bold statements too!

Thanks for the uplifting POV KoKo, Perfect for this gloomy rainy Sunday in PA.... And may you have another very good week with functioning!

Comment

Made goals. 1085 average steps per day.

Personal trainer was here one day. Also did some personal trainer exercises 3 additional days.

I had hoped to go to group exercise at rec center or senior center but it was windy and it scares me to walk in such wind. I worry that gusts could blow me over. Gusts were up to 50mph one day last week; 60mph the week before.

Goal next week:
      increase average steps
      exercise 3 days
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Bravo Mamabug! Glad you got to hook up with your personal trainer. Does she come to your house? If so, you're lucky!
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post

Personal trainer was here one day. Also did some personal trainer exercises 3 additional days.
          Terrific! Great job on achieving your exercise and step goals, Mamabug!

Sorry the wind kept you from the Centers, but I absolutely get it.

When I was still working, and there were high winds and gusts, I would need someone at work (usually the supervisor) to walk with me from the parking lot to my work place.

And sometimes, with high winds, I couldn't even get to my car from my apartment, and I would have to call in FMLA.

Losing balance and getting blown down by the wind is no joke.
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
            Bravo Mamabug! Glad you got to hook up with your personal trainer. Does she come to your house? If so, you're lucky!
            Yes; she's my neighbor. She lives across the back alley. Is not always very reliable; has missed or rescheduled two out of three appointments. But maybe it won't always be that way.

But her heart is in the right place and she's doing it for no charge. She is also on disability; is no longer certified. But very mobile. Just a few years younger than me, I think.
            Last edited by Mamabug; 04-12-2021, 10:14 AM. Reason: Fixed something.
            ~ Faith
            MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
            - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
            - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
            - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post

I had hoped to go to group exercise at rec center or senior center but it was windy and it scares me to walk in such wind. I worry that gusts could blow me over. Gusts were up to 50mph one day last week; 60mph the week before.

Goal next week:
              increase average steps
              exercise 3 days
              Hi Faith, you made it a very good week all around!

Adding new personal trainer routines to your mix is a great way to notice areas that are either in need of work or that respond pretty well! Can result in a psychological boost.

Comment

Working...
              X