• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Goalposters Exercise Check-in for 04-02-2021

5 checked in last week.

5 made goals. Good week.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Hi everyone!

I'm grateful to report that I was able to achieve my exercise goals, and also that I had one of the best weeks (functioning) in a long time.

Six days in a row of better than usual (walking, moving around, less motor fatigue, etc.). My sister commented on how much better I am doing.

I have no explanation as to why. I don't know how long this good spell will last, but I'm enjoying every moment while I can.

The only thing that was different, was that I took a holiday(s) from my fairly rigid healthy diet.

On Saturday, I got a pizza - thin crust with pepperoni, mushrooms, and jalapenos. Had some of the pizza on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.

Been doing better ever since Saturday. I'm very grateful for this, even if it may be just a temporary reprieve.

Keeping the same goals for next week.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 6X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

May we be calm, patient, strong, and of good courage.

Last edited by KoKo; 04-02-2021, 11:42 AM.
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

That was some great posting KoKo! May break down and get a slice myself, you never know! Hope everything continues to improve.

I had a pretty good week. Same kinks @ gym... with people seemingly following me around to plop down wherever I decided to work. Be that as it were the exercise time was shortened to 3.5 hours for the week.

I did work on routines that I would normally avoid... went well (happy with the discipline side of this too!). Less cardio, but more core, 60 decline bench reps ea. of 3 days. And more leg work than usual did not result in excessive tiredness? Like you KoKo, I have no explanation as to why. Where's that slice?

My stretching (6 days @ 25 minutes ea.) was consistent, maybe improved?

Overall a nice week. Side notes: Weather turning for the better. Holy Week appears to be helping across the board for me and those I love.

Oh... KoKo, I click on those links in your post and all I get is a page that says:

Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message.

Ps. No one contacted me regarding any of my previous questions (pics etc).

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
        Oh... KoKo, I click on those links in your post and all I get is a page that says:

Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message.
        Hey Jer - do you still see links in my post? Thanks, not sure what they are.

~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

So very glad you both had good weeks, KoKo and Jer! KoKo, maybe you should have pizza every week

Met my goal too.
          2x childcare
          Vacuumed 2 rooms
          Stretching and Yoga poses most evenings before bedtime. I find it helps me sleep better with less pain.

Will continue with 3-4 active days for next week!

1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

That was some great posting KoKo! May break down and get a slice myself, you never know! Hope everything continues to improve.
            Thank you Jer!

I had a pretty good week. Same kinks @ gym... with people seemingly following me around to plop down wherever I decided to work. Be that as it were the exercise time was shortened to 3.5 hours for the week.

I did work on routines that I would normally avoid... went well (happy with the discipline side of this too!). Less cardio, but more core, 60 decline bench reps ea. of 3 days. And more leg work than usual did not result in excessive tiredness? Like you KoKo, I have no explanation as to why. Where's that slice?

My stretching (6 days @ 25 minutes ea.) was consistent, maybe improved?

Overall a nice week. Side notes: Weather turning for the better. Holy Week appears to be helping across the board for me and those I love.
            Happy for your nice workout week, Jer! Great effort! You've earned a few slices!

Ps. No one contacted me regarding any of my previous questions (pics etc).
            Interesting - you see things in posts that I don't see (links), and I can see the things in posts that you can't see (pics). Might be an issue on your end?

Comment

Hi Seasha!

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
              KoKo, maybe you should have pizza every week
              I like your idea! I need to put on some weight, which is not easy with my diet.

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
              Met my goal too.
              2x childcare
              Vacuumed 2 rooms
              Stretching and Yoga poses most evenings before bedtime. I find it helps me sleep better with less pain.
              health
              Will continue with 3-4 active days for next week!
              Terrific week on achieving your goals, Seasha! Glad to hear that your yoga and stretches are helping.

Comment

I guess I made goals.

- I didn't set any steps goals again. I did keep track though; I only had an average of 997 steps per day.

- I made my goal of 3x exercising. Did PT 3x at home. I also tried to attend Chair Yoga at the Senior Center on Wednesday. But, they have changed the time from 10am to 9am and I didn't know it, so I missed it.

My goals for next week are sort of changing.
                Steps: I'll just keep track but I hope they will increase. My average daily steps goal used to be 2000 steps per day and they have been considerably less since COVID.

Other exercise: My neighbor (a somewhat new neighbor) used to be a certified personal trainer. At this point, she has a lot of health issues of her own, is on SSDI and has allowed her certification to lapse. But, she offered to help "train" me at no cost for awhile. So, I'll see what she has for suggestions and workouts. She is also encouraging me to get back to group exercise at the rec center and the senior center.

Goals:
                1. My steps goal for next week is mostly to keep track of steps, but it would be nice if I averaged at least 1200 per day. Then, maybe, I can begin to slowly continue to increase them back up in the future.
                2. My exercise goal is to see physical trainer two times next week and to attend group exercise, somewhere, once or twice. Actually, I already saw her once, yesterday, but I'll report about that next week since that is the time frame it occured in.
                ~ Faith
                MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Mamabug! Good luck with your current weeks goals! We know you can do it!

Seasha! Happy Birthday! BTW that image in your profile, being larger, is legible enough to see the Covid inspired "free hugs!" Love it!

Comment

Working...
                  X