• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Goalposters Exercise Check-in 03-25-2021

5 checked in last week.

4 made goals.
    1 made partial goals.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Because I didn't set any steps goals, I made my goal of 3x exercising. Did PT 3x at home.

Same goal next week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hi everyone!

Short and sweet ~ I achieved my exercise goals, and feel gratitude for the abilities that I have.

Also, I had a much better week overall, which was most welcome!

Ordered some new cushions for my chair, which are gel material. Hopefully they help, as I don't have much natural padding anymore. My sister is coming to open the box for me, so we shall see.

Same exercise goals for next week.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 6X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

May we be calm, patient, strong, and of good courage. https://www.msworld.org/forum/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP///wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi Faith!

Glad you got the PT done. Although I consider all my gym stuff as PT, it's the stretching at home that I consider actual PT. Part of the "things I hate" to do at times, but discipline is the lagniappe! And is something to build on.

I made goals. Not quite as much time as usual due to people using equipment adjacent to what I was using. So I vacate somewhere unpopulated. This weeks 3 gym trips went this way.

Cardio work was very good. And the above mentioned stretching went pretty well also.

I have so much to deal with currently that I noticed the gym "get away" clearing my head! It always does but this week was special, another bonus!

Let's keep at it!

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
          Short and sweet ~ I achieved my exercise goals, and feel gratitude for the abilities that I have.

Also, I had a much better week overall, which was most welcome!
          Liking the "much better"... Hope spring brings more weeks like this one KoKo!

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
          Ordered some new cushions for my chair, which are gel material. Hopefully they help, as I don't have much natural padding anymore. My sister is coming to open the box for me, so we shall see.
          My trainer use to fold one of those stadium cushions for use on my right "bun," so as to maintain a balance when seated and exercising. You brought that memory back with a smile! Thank you!

Comment

Hey there Jer!

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
            I made goals. Not quite as much time as usual due to people using equipment adjacent to what I was using. So I vacate somewhere unpopulated. This weeks 3 gym trips went this way.

Cardio work was very good. And the above mentioned stretching went pretty well also.
            Terrific! Good for you on accomplishing goals.

I have so much to deal with currently that I noticed the gym "get away" clearing my head! It always does but this week was special, another bonus!
            Healthy escape - yes! Two benefits (body and mind) for the price of one.

Liking the "much better"... Hope spring brings more weeks like this one KoKo!
            Merci beaucoup, mon ami!

My trainer use to fold one of those stadium cushions for use on my right "bun," so as to maintain a balance when seated and exercising. You brought that memory back with a smile! Thank you!

~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Glad to see you all making goals! I've been having major computer problems so I'll keep this short.

Childcare 2x
              Garden work 2x
              Grocery shopping - walking!

I exceeded my goals.
              Hope for 3-4x next week.

1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
              Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hi Seasha!

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
                Childcare 2x
                Garden work 2x

I exceeded my goals.
                Hope for 3-4x next week.
                Fantastic! Bonus for exceeding your goals!

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
                  Glad to see you all making goals! I've been having major computer problems so I'll keep this short.

Childcare 2x
                  Garden work 2x

I exceeded my goals.
                  Hope for 3-4x next week.
                  Great job Seasha, maybe keeping the kiddos to a visit or two each week is the way to go? Regardless of the reason congrats on a good week!

Comment

Solid work from everyone....goal crushers at work.

My routine has been turned upside down. I don't think I reported last week(made goals) as I had to rush out to South Carolina for work Friday. Got after it out there mostly with work but I did manage to train Jiu Jitsu with a local academy.

Flew in Friday night and now I'm in Orlando spending way to much money on a mouse. Goal for next week will be increased step count. Caio.
                    The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
                      My routine has been turned upside down. I don't think I reported last week(made goals) as I had to rush out to South Carolina for work Friday. Got after it out there mostly with work but I did manage to train Jiu Jitsu with a local academy.

Flew in Friday night and now I'm in Orlando spending way to much money on a mouse. Goal for next week will be increased step count. Caio.
                      Hey Boudreaux!

Great to hear from you. Was wondering if the storms had affected your area.

Looks like you're busy, moving around alot!

It may not be your desired goal, but it's physical activity, nonetheless.

I'm exhausted just thinking about your busy-ness.

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
                        Solid work from everyone....goal crushers at work.

Like KoKo... was hesitant to give a shout out... storms and all. Glad all is well and you stepped out with Ms. Jitsu!
                        Welcome back to the posts Bourdeaux!

Comment

Working...
                        X