• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Goalposters Exercise Check-in 03-18-2021

5 checked in last week.

4 made goals.
    1 made partial goals.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

I made partial goals again. I shouldn't have bothered to set a steps goal. I knew I wasn't likely to prioritize that.

I did my PT 3x.

No steps goals until I re-start my group exercising in April.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
      I made partial goals again..
      Glad you made partial goals! Something is better than nothing!
      I made my goal with childcare 2x and working on cleaning up more flower and shrub beds. Also did light housework.
      I will keep the same goals for next week.

Keep up with exercising everyone

1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hi All!

3x PT is great Mamabug!... and April is in reach so you'll be "stepping out" soon, too.

Seasha I know what you mean about yard work. Just before snow began last year I had a bear that liked to dig (?)... so now need some fill among other things. Also glad you are managing only 2 child care visits this week.

I'll say goals made this week. Less time spent but decent outings 3x @ gym. A mixed bag (arms / legs / core) including the stuff I try to ignore. 5 days stretching at 25 minutes per session was the high point... no idea why things went well?

Cardio good too but shortened. Some "wheezers" took equipment adjacent, so I bowed out.

Comment

Hello everyone

Super job achieving goals and partial goals, Mamabug, Seasha, and Jer!

~ I was also able to accomplish my goals, although my week did have a few more challenging times than usual.

I got through them, and I'm looking forward to a better week.

My exercise goals are achievable, and not too difficult. This enables consistency, which is important to me.

Also, this gives me a sense of control and a feeling of accomplishment, which is always a little boost physically, mentally, and spiritually.

Every little boost helps!

I'll continue on with my current exercise goals.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 6X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

May we be calm, patient, strong, and of good courage. https://www.msworld.org/forum/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP///wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

KoKo! Happy about your good week, we are kindred spirits.

Exercise, regardless of our physical parameters, always gives a sense of satisfaction, even during challenging times. I live for this.

It can also clear the mind. Can put things in order. It's mine to use as best as I can.

"Only the wise man is content with what is his. All foolishness suffers the burden of dissatisfaction with itself." -Seneca

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
              KoKo! Happy about your good week, we are kindred spirits.
              Thank you Jer.

Exercise, regardless of our physical parameters, always gives a sense of satisfaction, even during challenging times. I live for this.

It can also clear the mind. Can put things in order. It's mine to use as best as I can.
              Well said, Jer!

"Only the wise man is content with what is his. All foolishness suffers the burden of dissatisfaction with itself." -Seneca
              Thanks - good food for thought.

It kind of reminds me of this Helen Keller quote -

“Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence, and I learn, whatever state I may be in, therein to be content.”

Just to possess a fraction of this type of mindset and wisdom - priceless!

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
              ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
              X