• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Goalposters Exercise Check-in 03-11-2021

5 checked in last week.

4 made goals.
    1 made partial goals.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

This was from last week's post.
    Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
    Avg steps per day. 1,233.
    Next week's goals:
    -3 days of exercise.
    - Increase number of average steps. My goal used to be 2,000 per day. I'll just work my way back up gradually.
    I made a partial goal. I exercised 3 days, but I did not increase my steps. They were less than 900 average per day this week.
    Same goal next week:
    - 3 days of exercise.
    - Increase number of average steps (from 1,233)

Perhaps, after I can get vaccinated, I might resume group exercise at the Rec Center (Silver Sneakers) and the Senior Center (Chair Yoga and Strong Seniors).
    I'm still hoping for this. I got a phone call this morning; I'm scheduled to get my vaccination on March 15. It's the Johnson and Johnson one so I only need one shot.
    I probably won't go to group exercise yet next week since they are predicting rain early next week and i don't want to go out in the rain. But ... , maybe the following week!
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hi Mamabug

I made a partial goal. I exercised 3 days, but I did not increase my steps. They were less than 900 average per day this week.

Same goal next week:
      - 3 days of exercise.
      - Increase number of average steps (from 1,233)
      Terrific job with partial goal, Mamabug!

I'm still hoping for this. I got a phone call this morning; I'm scheduled to get my vaccination on March 15. It's the Johnson and Johnson one so I only need one shot.
      I probably won't go to group exercise yet next week since they are predicting rain early next week and i don't want to go out in the rain. But ... , maybe the following week!
      Glad for you! I bet your steps will increase when you can get out to your centers once again!

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi Mamabug! Glad you made the partial goals and that you appear on the way to vaccination! I have been qualified for months in PA, (Monroe County) and cannot even get on a waiting list. The USA may reach "herd immunity" before they remember my county!

Going to say "made goals!" Main reason: Spent time doing exercises I hate. Simple should not be this hard, but perseverance made the second set better than the first and the third maybe better still (?). No fourth set, no one wants to see a man cry.

Time spent at gym 4.5 hrs. Mix of above including arms / legs / abs. Cardio was 90 minutes with some "collapse" on bad side, but by slowing down overcame it inside a minute.

At home in AM, 6 days @ 25 minutes each, stretching with pole. I use to have a good week now and then, lately the best I can do is a few days occasionally. Right wrist flexibility fails, and lack of strength causes loss of grip on pole.

Happy about applying myself to things I hate. Also overall and once again... the mental & physical lift (after some recovery!) one receives from giving it a good shot.

Comment

Good job on making partial goals, Mamabug!

I got waylaid for a couple days due to my 2nd vaccine, but managed to make my goal of 3 days. Did more yard work for a couple of sunny days and childcare 1x.

Will stick to 3-4 days for next week.
          Don't forget to set your clocks forward this Sunday and have a great week!
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
            Happy about applying myself to things I hate. Also overall and once again... the mental & physical lift (after some recovery!) one receives from giving it a good shot.
            Good for you, Jer, for applying applying yourself to things you hate. You have my upmost admiration for sticking to it and giving it a good shot as it's challenging at the best of times!

Speaking of shots, hope you can get your covid shot soon!

Comment

Hello Jer!

Going to say "made goals!" Main reason: Spent time doing exercises I hate. Simple should not be this hard, but perseverance made the second set better than the first and the third maybe better still (?). No fourth set, no one wants to see a man cry.

Time spent at gym 4.5 hrs. Mix of above including arms / legs / abs. Cardio was 90 minutes with some "collapse" on bad side, but by slowing down overcame it inside a minute.

At home in AM, 6 days @ 25 minutes each, stretching with pole. I use to have a good week now and then, lately the best I can do is a few days occasionally. Right wrist flexibility fails, and lack of strength causes loss of grip on pole.

Super workouts, Jer! I love your efforts and your attitude.

Hello Seasha!

Originally posted by Seasha
              I got waylaid for a couple days due to my 2nd vaccine, but managed to make my goal of 3 days. Did more yard work for a couple of sunny days and childcare 1x.
              Great job on getting your goals done, Seasha!

~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi everyone!

It's great to see that we're all putting the effort in to move our bodies, to the best of our abilities. Jer mentioned the physical and mental lift associated with giving it a good shot, and I feel the same.

My week went well, despite the daily challenges. It went by fast, too! Things take so long to do, which makes the time fly right on by. I'm never bored, to say the least.

In any case, I accomplished my exercise goals. Mornings are still my most functional times, and thank goodness for that.

I'm going to keep the same goals for next week.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 6X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

May we be calm, patient, strong, and of good courage. https://www.msworld.org/forum/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP///wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
                  My week went well, despite the daily challenges. It went by fast, too! Things take so long to do, which makes the time fly right on by. I'm never bored, to say the least.

May I say more of a test than the actual exercise? With trainer most exercise routines & equipment were set and ready. This allowed total focus on the exercise.

A gift that I really miss.

Now... The prep work has become exercise, add disinfectant / towels, etc., not boring but frustrating.

Patience Jer, patience. Nice strong week KoKo! You too Seasha! (glad you're back in the pink too!)

Let's keep at it!

Comment

Awesome work everyone. Nice ti see you guys getting it done.

I'll say I made goals..

2 runs at 3 miles each....I got 3 runs in and the 3rd was 4 miles.
                    2 nights of Jiu Jitsu....done.
                    Stretching could be improved as well as body weight exercises but there's always room for improvement.

I also hit a long term goal this week. After more than 3 years as a blue belt, I was promoted to purple belt on Monday.

20210308_204955.jpg
                    Keep it going.
                    Attached Files
                    The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Great work, KoKo. Consistent as ever!

And Boudreaux - congrats on getting the purple belt and what a great accomplishment!

Comment

Hey Jer

May I say more of a test than the actual exercise?
                        Yes!

Now... The prep work has become exercise
                        Yes, I remember the prep work when I had home exercise equipment. Over time, I got pooped-out before I even started the exercising.

Patience Jer, patience.
                        Yes indeed, must practice regularly.

Comment

Hey Boudreaux

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post

I'll say I made goals..

2 runs at 3 miles each....I got 3 runs in and the 3rd was 4 miles.
                          2 nights of Jiu Jitsu....done.
                          Excellent! You got your goals!

I also hit a long term goal this week. After more than 3 years as a blue belt, I was promoted to purple belt on Monday.

20210308_204955.jpg
                          Keep it going.
                          That is terrific! Glad for you Boudreaux, on getting promoted to purple belt!

Thank you for sharing the picture with us - very nice!

Comment

After more than 3 years as a blue belt, I was promoted to purple belt on Monday.
                            YES! Way to go!

Comment

Just want to mention again.... I can never see any pictures. I get a page that says I'm not authorized to see anything and to contact site admin.

This always happens. Any ideas mods?

Comment

Working...
                              X