• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Goalposters Exercise Check-in 02-25-2021

5 checked in last week.

4 made goals. (1 exceeded them.)
    1 didn't set goals.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

I made goals.

I only did PT twice. But, I had multiple appointments and errands. Usually, I don't, anymore, with COVID. Since there were many occasions to be out of the house, I'm going to count the extra steps as exercise days.

Next week's goal the same -- exercise, of some kind, 3 days a week or more.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Good for you Mamabug. Great to see you reporting again.

Although I didn't make goals, I'll call it a partial week for me...

2 nights of Jiu Jitsu......done
      Only got 1 of 2 runs in this week.
      minimum on stretches.

Busy week, I traveled to Atlanta on Monday and provided some assistance at my company's warehouse. Drove to Greenville, SC on Wednesday AM, back to ATL this morning to wrap up the warehouse job and now am in my hotel in Greenville....headed home tomorrow.

I trained BJJ at a gym in ATL and one in Greenville. Great facilities and tough people. I might beat feet tomorrow morning before work....we'll see. Keep it going.
      The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Hi everyone

Mamabug ~ Walking is great exercise, and it definitely counts!

Boudreaux ~ Busy, busy, busy! You were very physically active last week.

~ I was able to accomplish my exercise goals, and again, did 2 extra days more than my desired goal.

My week went well, and I am most grateful for that.

My sister has been helping me by preparing my suppertime meals, a few days a week. This really allows me to conserve a good amount of my energy. Late afternoon is the time of day when my motor fatigue is the worst.

I will continue on with the same exercise goals for next week.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 6X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

May we be calm, patient, strong, and of good courage. https://www.msworld.org/forum/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP///wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Things are moving along here but I'm not really ahead of the curve. Succeeded in stretch routines daily but last week appeared a better more flexible week.... And got 2 days in at gym. Maybe a total 3 hour mix: cardio, upper & lower body and core. Avoided the things I really don't like. Not yet with the program. Partial week here.

Agree with Mamabug: count any movement as exercise, of some kind and aim for a bit more as we move into Spring. Great word... Spring!

Nice that Boudreaux took Ms. Jitsu for a road trip! Energy to spare! Safe home Mike!

And KoKo! You continue to define "calm, patient, strong, and of good courage."

And Seasha... Regarding your other post.... I think that you too are calm, patient, strong and of good courage. Recognizing and facing up to a situation is not defeat. Acknowledging limitations is hard but your welfare has to come first. Maybe others will learn from your honesty. A win-win.

Comment

Good to see you all having a good week of exercising, whether partial or exceeding goals. It all counts for your well being!

Not a good week for me in case you've read my other post. Whereas I had a good active week the week before, I did too much and suffered for it. The same incident happened that I reported for our Week of 1/7/21, but this time it was worse and I learned my lesson the hard way.

So, no exercise for this past week. When you hit bottom, the only way forward is up! So, I will try for 3x/wk of moving around for this week.
            1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
            Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

[QUOTE=KoKo;n509273
              ~ I was able to accomplish my exercise goals, and again, did 2 extra days more than my desired goal.
              [/QUOTE]

Extra credit! Excellent.
              The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
                Things are moving along here but I'm not really ahead of the curve. Succeeded in stretch routines daily but last week appeared a better more flexible week.... And got 2 days in at gym. Maybe a total 3 hour mix: cardio, upper & lower body and core. Avoided the things I really don't like. Not yet with the program. Partial week here.
                Hey Jer ~ you're moving along. Super!

~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
                  Whereas I had a good active week the week before, I did too much and suffered for it. The same incident happened that I reported for our Week of 1/7/21, but this time it was worse and I learned my lesson the hard way.
                  Hey Seasha ~ I totally understand the 'did too much' debilitating fatigue.

For me, most of the time, while in the midst of doing too much, it really doesn't feel like I am. In fact, I am usually feeling pretty darn good at the time.

When the 'did too much' debilitating fatigue shows up, I'm baffled because my prior activity didn't seem all that strenuous. Just when I think that I know my limitations, they up and change on me.

But the after-effects are miserable. I can barely move my (functional) arm and leg. My core has little strength to support me. Taking steps involves an unbelievable amount of effort.

So far, I am fortunate in that I don't suffer the pain and spasms that you have to contend with.

Hope you're doing much better today, Seasha.

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post

Extra credit! Excellent.
                    Thank you, Boudreaux!

Comment

Working...
                    X