Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Goalposters Exercise Check-in 02-18-2021

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    The Goalposters Exercise Check-in 02-18-2021

    5 checked in last week.

    2 made goals. (1 modified them through "practical ADL's")
    1 made partial goals.
    2 didn't make goals.

    Hey -- no problem. It's been cold. We'll do better next time.

    For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

    Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08
    .

    - Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

    #2
    I guess I'll say that I made goal. I did PT twice, and I sort of did some indoor walking a little bit, so I guess I'll count that as my third exercise, but it's a bit of a stretch.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

    Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08
    .

    - Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

    Comment


      #3
      Ya know stretching is beneficial Mamabug! Congratulations on making goals.

      I made goals.
      2 runs in at 3 miles each.....done
      2 nights of Jiu Jitsu......done
      stretching could have been better but que sera, sera.

      I'll add the 5 x 50 for three times next week.

      Keep it going.
      The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
        I guess I'll say that I made goal. I did PT twice, and I sort of did some indoor walking a little bit, so I guess I'll count that as my third exercise, but it's a bit of a stretch.
        Mamabug ~ You made the effort to get some physical activity, so good for you! Small, gradual increases work the best.



        PPMS for 23 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
          I made goals.
          2 runs in at 3 miles each.....done
          2 nights of Jiu Jitsu......done
          stretching could have been better but que sera, sera.

          I'll add the 5 x 50 for three times next week.
          Magnifique, Boudreaux! Good luck with your 5 X 50 next week!

          PPMS for 23 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

          Comment


            #6
            Hi everyone

            Hope you all are doing ok with the winter storms affecting so many. We had over 12 inches of snow, but have power and water, so I'm very thankful for that.


            ~ I accomplished my exercise goals (+). Was able to do them every day last week, and feel pretty good about that.

            My week, overall, went well too - no predicaments.

            My sister prepared some healthy meals for me, which is greatly appreciated!

            Will stick with the same goals for next week.


            Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 6X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

            4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

            May we be calm, patient, strong, and of good courage. https://www.msworld.org/forum/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP///wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

            PPMS for 23 years (dx 1998)
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

            Comment


              #7
              Well I wasn't expecting such accomplishments this past week. Congratulations to everyone!

              Its been daily torture here with winter not giving any ground. Weather across country, just as bad or worse.

              I succeeded with stretching daily although some days weren't as good as others.

              No gym. Too lazy this week to do anything at home, psychologically disappointing. I didn't have specific goals but this week even failed to apply myself.

              I shoveled a few days, waited on my plow guy... then some additional shoveling.

              Did attend services on Ash Wednesday which helped lift me. Thats all folks.

              Hoping winter fades quickly.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
                I succeeded with stretching daily although some days weren't as good as others.
                Every day stretching - splendid effort, Jer!


                Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
                No gym. Too lazy this week to do anything at home, psychologically disappointing. I didn't have specific goals but this week even failed to apply myself.
                The 'blahs' will come, and they will go - this too shall pass, Jer.

                Or perhaps, you really needed to unplug - to relax by disengaging from your normal activities.


                Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
                I shoveled a few days, waited on my plow guy... then some additional shoveling.
                Exercise!


                Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
                Did attend services on Ash Wednesday which helped lift me.
                Good for you, Jer.

                PPMS for 23 years (dx 1998)
                ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

                Comment


                  #9
                  Wonderful week for all, considering weather constraints!

                  I managed to get my head out of a book(s) and really applied myself. I exceeded my goal:

                  Childcare 2x.
                  Housecleaning (I timed them) for 5 hours over the course of 2 days, including vacuuming 2 rooms.
                  PT exercises 4x

                  Grocery shopping.... weird story! We stock up for 2 1/2 to 3 weeks at a time and dh and I both have carts. Last time we shopped I vowed to use the motorized cart as I had barely made it to checkout.

                  This time I used the motorized cart that completely stopped halfway thru shopping! Had to get help to transfer groceries and complete shopping with regular cart. Ugh - Murphy's law. Exercise that I really didn't want.
                  1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                  Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Seasha View Post
                    ...really applied myself. I exceeded my goal...
                    Wow! You really did Seasha, very impressive. Send a little fortitude East if you can make some time in your busy schedule!

                    And Boudreaux ... Killer job despite some frigid weather.

                    KoKo, really appreciate the positivity. It probably is the Winter blues....

                    Now tell the weather guy who gleefully just said "...should have a fresh 5" of powder on Monday!"

                    Comment


                      #11
                      met goals and had even money on the predicaments....good week Koko.

                      I think you deserve a pass on the gym Jerry. With the weather and all, yeah I'd consider this week an outlier and recalibrate.

                      y'all check out Seasha crushing them goals. Solid Work!
                      The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Seasha View Post

                        I managed to get my head out of a book(s) and really applied myself. I exceeded my goal:

                        Childcare 2x.
                        Housecleaning (I timed them) for 5 hours over the course of 2 days, including vacuuming 2 rooms.
                        PT exercises 4x

                        Grocery shopping.... weird story! We stock up for 2 1/2 to 3 weeks at a time and dh and I both have carts. Last time we shopped I vowed to use the motorized cart as I had barely made it to checkout.

                        This time I used the motorized cart that completely stopped halfway thru shopping! Had to get help to transfer groceries and complete shopping with regular cart. Ugh - Murphy's law. Exercise that I really didn't want.
                        You certainly did apply yourself to your exercising, Seasha! Super-duper!


                        PPMS for 23 years (dx 1998)
                        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X