Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goalposters Exercise Check-In 1/21/21

Hey everyone

Did you do some physical activities last week? Exercises?

Let us know how you did.

And let's hope that Mamabug is healing and feeling better.
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

My exercises went very well, and I accomplished my goals.

I had a good week overall, with a few extra challenges sneaking in a bit, here and there.

Got through and past them, thankfully.

My sister brought some great meals, which included liver and salmon. Delicious! May she be blessed!

I will continue on with the same exercise goals.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 6X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

Good energy, good health, and peace of mind to all.

~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Thanks for starting this while Mamabug is not well and glad you made your goals again!

I made my goal as well. I did another outdoor non-stop walk with trekking poles and made it to 510 steps, an increase from the week before.
      Babysat once and did some much needed housecleaning, concentrating in somewhat-deep cleaning kitchen and bathrooms.

Hope to increase steps for next week!
      Keep positive y'all
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hi KoKo!

Thanks for initiating the thread and my best to Mamabug too! My week was good also and goals were accomplished.

Starting with and standing out; cardio work. Maybe 3 days @ 25 minutes each on mixed equipment... with slightly improved times & endurance. Unexplainable.

Corework did not suffer while decline bench was being reupholstered!

Arm and leg mix throughout the usual 3 days at gym, 75 minutes plus each day. Not as much accomplished without trainer sadly. I execute properly and with fair or good results, but the set-up takes time and I'm limited with one working hand to move plates or lock equipment. Therefore less gets worked on. Need to get creative and establish new approaches to work these muscle groups.

6 days stretching at 25 minutes each, some days better than others... also unexplainable. In general this area has been poor lately.

Things going on: Received some new info for my CCRC thread, will post FWIW. Also getting downed trees removed by a fellow who sells firewood. A lot of work. A polar vortex this coming week... yikes.

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
          I did another outdoor non-stop walk with trekking poles and made it to 510 steps, an increase from the week before. Babysat once and did some much needed housecleaning, concentrating in somewhat-deep cleaning kitchen and bathrooms
          Glad to hear it Seasha!

I should get the poles out. I need to establish and maintain proper pole position on my bad right side... currently after a few hundred steps the pole is in no position to support a foot drop stumble on that side. Arm contraction is pulling wrist face upward... pole winds up hindering rather than helping...

Comment

Hope you're feeling better soon @Mamabug

Thanks for starting the thread @Koko .. mmmm....liver! Vongrats on the goals and overcoming those challenges.

Nice job Seasha meeting your goals and with an increase in steps....awesome

Another solid week @502E79....I wouldn't look for explanations, especially on gains.

I had a good week

2 nights of jiu jitsu....done
            2 runs at 3 miles each .....done
            Multiple stretch sessions throughout the week.

​​​​​​​Still haven't started the 5 x 50 yet...not sure what I am waiting on...keep it going.
            The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
              I made my goal as well. I did another outdoor non-stop walk with trekking poles and made it to 510 steps, an increase from the week before.
              Babysat once and did some much needed housecleaning, concentrating in somewhat-deep cleaning kitchen and bathrooms.
              Outstanding week, Seasha! Amazed at your trekking too!

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
              Starting with and standing out; cardio work. Maybe 3 days @ 25 minutes each on mixed equipment... with slightly improved times & endurance. Unexplainable.

Corework did not suffer while decline bench was being reupholstered!

Arm and leg mix throughout the usual 3 days at gym, 75 minutes plus each day. Not as much accomplished without trainer sadly. I execute properly and with fair or good results, but the set-up takes time and I'm limited with one working hand to move plates or lock equipment. Therefore less gets worked on. Need to get creative and establish new approaches to work these muscle groups.

6 days stretching at 25 minutes each, some days better than others... also unexplainable. In general this area has been poor lately.
              Looks like a splendid exercise week, Jer!

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
              I had a good week

2 nights of jiu jitsu....done
              2 runs at 3 miles each .....done
              Multiple stretch sessions throughout the week.
              Fantastique, Boudreaux! ​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​

Comment

YAY TEAM ALL for solid goals met! Muy bien equipo

So Mike, what is the 5x50 you mentioned? 5 miles for 50 days? If so, yikes!
                1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

It's 50 reps of 5 exercises.
                  50 push-ups
                  50 squats
                  50 dips
                  50 sit-ups
                  50 calf raises

I'm 2 days to the good right now.
                  The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment