• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Goalposters Exercise Check-in 01-07-2021

5 checked in last week.

2 took a break.
    1 or 2 made goals, or partial goals..
    1 made modified goals.

We need breaks sometimes, especially around holiday weeks.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last we
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
    I made this goal, to email Wellness Center director. She plans to mail additional instructions. I used my body gym a few times, but mostly took a break. I'll call this a modified goal.

My goal for next week will be to exercise at least 3x.
    I guess this was my goal. I'd sort of thought that I was kind of taking another week of break, except for waiting for the info from the Wellness Director. I received that yesterday and haven't opened it yet.

I did exercise once or twice last week but not three times. Because I was mixed up regarding my plan, I'll set that I met a modified goal.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I'm with you, Mamabug. Was hoping for at least 3 days but didn't quite make it. Babysat for 8 hours one day Saturday (whew~) and 3 hours another day (Monday), but my planned day for exercise turned out to be nightmarish.

The night before, got only got 3 hours of sleep bc of severe legs/foot cramps and spasms that lasted on throughout the entire day. My legs would not work at all - no walking at all.

Today seems to be better- thanks to an increase (double dose) of a couple kinds of medication.
      Guess, I could report partial goal and hope for a much better next week!

Hope all is well for you all.

1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Happy New Year!

Some is better than none....

I made goals.

2 nights of Jiu Jitsu..........done
        2 runs at 3mile each.........done
        Stretching was adequate.

I'm going to get back to my 5 x 50 for next weeks report. Keep it going.
        The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Hi everyone

Mamabug ~ Hope your new exercises are doable and helpful for you.

Seasha ~ Sorry to learn that you were dealing with spasms and cramps. Hope the new dosing of your med combo takes care of that.

Boudreaux ~ Terrific! Good luck with your 5 X 50 next week.

~ My exercises went well and I accomplished my goals.

There was one day that I had prolonged motor fatigue. I made that one of my rest days, doing only the essential activities and my stretches, and I was much better the next day. I still did my stretches that day, but didn't spend as much time on them as usual. I don't like totally skipping the stretches, for fear that stiffness will ensue.

Will carry on with the same goals for this week. This exercise routine, for me, seems to be beneficial, is doable, and I enjoy it.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 6X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

Good energy, good health, and peace of mind to all.

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Well, we each had a different start to the year but everyone appears to be focused and ready, or as ready as anyone can be after 2020.

Mamabug, like the 3x goal for the coming week! Seasha, 8 hours in one day babysitting! that beats anything I could ever do. Boudreaux & KoKo, steady (as always) effort, regardless of holidays! Yes!

I ended 2020 up mentally / spiritually but lacking physically with gym closed. The first week of the year with gym open, was a success! Goals made. I worked whatever I felt but did not neglect the truly painful, sometimes very limiting routines.

Everything in moderation without rushing or without being over eager. About 5.5 miles mixed cardio over 3 days, 30 minutes ea. And about 1 hour or so, each of those 3 days, for mixed leg / arm exercises. And 6 days stretching @ 25 minutes ea. day.

Last years 2-3 week "light" @ home workouts proved successful enough that I made my goals and didn't suffer from overexertion / fatigue. Hope to remain on course as we enter the coldest weeks of winter.... Brrrrrrrr.

And KoKo... Not that I pay enough attention, since my taskmaster is gone, BUT proper breathing also takes the mind off pain (spasticity) during most every routine. A lagniappe!

Let's keep at it.

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
              The first week of the year with gym open, was a success! Goals made. I worked whatever I felt but did not neglect the truly painful, sometimes very limiting routines.

Everything in moderation without rushing or without being over eager. About 5.5 miles mixed cardio over 3 days, 30 minutes ea. And about 1 hour or so, each of those 3 days, for mixed leg / arm exercises. And 6 days stretching @ 25 minutes ea. day.
              Merveilleux, Jer!

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
              And KoKo... Not that I pay enough attention, since my taskmaster is gone, BUT proper breathing also takes the mind off pain (spasticity) during most every routine. A lagniappe!
              So far (knock on wood, fingers crossed, thumbs pressed, etc) I haven't needed to use the breathing techniques for pain.

But it's great to know that they can help with pain also.

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
              ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Great exercise routines and accomplishing your goals, Boudreaux, KoKo and Jer!
                1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
                X