• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Goalposters Exercise Check-in 12-31-2020

5 checked in last week.

3 made goals.
    I'll say that 2 made modified goals.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last we
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
    I had an appointment, yesterday, with the Wellness Center director. She gave me some additional ideas about how to use my Body gym.

Unfortunately, I've already forgotten most of them. My goal for next week might allow for reduced exercise because of the holiday. But, it will also include emailing director to ask her to send her exercise instructions.
    I made this goal, to email Wellness Center director. She plans to mail additional instructions. I used my body gym a few times, but mostly took a break. I'll call this a modified goal.

My goal for next week will be to exercise at least 3x.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I'm still on break. Plan on getting back to it tomorrow morning with some stretches. Life is good, happy New Year Goalposters. Keep it going.
      The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Hi every one and Happy New Year to all!

I did my exercises last week, and accomplished my goals (I do most of them in the morning, and right here in my apartment, so seldom have a good enough reason to skip them).
        I thought about adding more challenges, but now, I think not. I seem to have various challenges show up, often enough, with my regular daily living activities. If I feel energetic and do extra, then that will be a bonus.

Staying with my current goals for this week.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 6X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

Good energy, good health, and peace of mind to all.
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hope everyone enjoyed the last two weeks! Pretty hard to do but life finds a way.

Week one I succeeded with 6 days of stretching with fair results... poor grip holding pole or very tight arm muscles proved too hard to overcome generally. This past week a bit better if tomorrows sixth session works well.

Week one exercise proved to be only one day, at home, 30 minutes... not very good. Mother Nature did help with 15" of the white stuff to shovel. Did only what was necessary to maintain exit / entrance. Took an hour or so. Somehow the grip held on shovel handle?! I'll take it. Second week had 2 30 minute sessions; one each arm / legs @ 30 minutes +. Again so-so.

Good news: Gyms are open as of Monday! Will attempt to get back to whatever my newest normal might prove to be. Three week closure for me was exceptionally hard. Would like to put some blame on weather but with MS... You just don't know.

The end of '20 was fine spiritually which covered the physical limitations. And although I made no resolutions, I have patience, and that's a good start.

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
            I'm still on break.
            Me too, to a degree. No babysitting, which is my biggest and most challenging form of exercise, due to her mom's vacation.
            But managed a long walk while grocery shopping, some light household chores and wrist/thumb PT exercises. So no goal reached.

Hope to get in 3-4 days for goal next week.

Happy and active new year to all!

1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
            Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
              Good news: Gyms are open as of Monday!
              That is good news, Jer!

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
              And although I made no resolutions, I have patience, and that's a good start.
              Having patience is key to having inner peace. It's not always easy to maintain as a constant (for me), but it's a virtue that, when I don't have it, I know it instantly.

~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
                I made this goal, to email Wellness Center director. She plans to mail additional instructions. I used my body gym a few times, but mostly took a break. I'll call this a modified goal.

My goal for next week will be to exercise at least 3x.
                Your Wellness Center director sounds like a caring, helpful person.

Good luck with your goals for next week, Mamabug.

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
                  No babysitting, which is my biggest and most challenging form of exercise, due to her mom's vacation.
                  I used to babysit my nieces and nephews quite often, and you're right about it being exercise, Seasha!

I'm grateful that I was pre-MS and healthy back then.

I absolutely loved being with the kids, and consider those times to be some of the very best in my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
                    I'm still on break. Plan on getting back to it tomorrow morning with some stretches. Life is good, happy New Year Goalposters. Keep it going.
                    I have a feeling that your holiday break went well, Boudreaux!

Good luck with easing back into working and exercising.

Comment

Working...
                    X