Announcement

Collapse

WELCOME TO OUR NEW HOME!

Hello MSWorld Members,

Welcome to our new home! We hope you love it as much as we do!

we promise.

to offer current and relevant information.

to grow a community built on positive and affirming support.

to showcase member creativity.

to provide safe chat rooms.

to provide well moderated forums.

we believe that what we give as a community comes back to us.

welcome to MSWorld on this journey through a different lens. together. we are msworld.
we are. community.

We appreciate your understanding as we finalize our new home. Our arcade is still currently under construction and won’t be available for a while. Thank you for your patience while we prepare a new and improved arcade for you.

enjoy our new home.

support reimagined.
See more
See less

The Goalposters Exercise Check-in for 10-15-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Goalposters Exercise Check-in for 10-15-2020

5 checked in last week.

4 made goals.
    1 made partial goals.

We had a pretty good week.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last we
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made goals.

1 Silver Sneakers
    2 Chair Yoga
    2 PT at home

1401 average steps per day.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Nice Mamabug! Good to see your steps increased!

Made goal too:

Helped babysit 2x for short while.
      Gardening 2x - still harvesting, but mostly cleaning up garden and flower beds.
      Vacuumed 2 rooms
      Stretching

Hope you all had a good week too

1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hello everyone

Mamabug and Seasha ~ you both had successful weeks with exercise and physical activity, and made your goals. Fantastic!

~ My week went well also, and I am grateful that I was able to accomplish my goals.

It was apartment inspection time, so I puttered around doing a few extra, light housework chores. I practiced discipline, so that I wouldn't overdo and get wiped out. My care helper sister does the heavier tasks for me. I guess I have learned a thing or two over the years.

I seem to be at a good place with my exercise goals at this time, so no changes for next week.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 6X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

Be strong and of good courage, be not afraid nor dismayed...
        PPMS for 22 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Going to go back to basics or "by the numbers"....

2.25 miles 3x a week at gym on: elliptical with resistance, stair/ladder and treadmill machines, similar stride length except treadmill. I vary clockwise / counter clockwise but always slow on treadmill. Total shy of 7 miles each week.

The three sessions at gym include all machines (not every week!), sometimes a stretching routine, bands, and lately variations using equipment creatively. Roughly 90 minutes each session (4.5 hours @ week). Arm and grip appear better this past week. Core work too. Legs are another story.

6 days a week of stretch routine at home using a 4 ft pole, 25 minutes each (2 hours @ week)

No pool or even a chance of pool from what I have heard. Thanks Covid.

Overall: Spasticity progresses. I expect it too. With grace and only with grace I accept it. I'm learning tangible things about my MS certainly, but the MS is a constant moving target. Here now - gone tomorrow. Whack a Mole! An advantage from submitting to MS symptoms. You gain.... humility, patience, fortitude, etc.

Like KoKo, I'm in a pretty good place regarding my exercise goals. Mamabug - you had another good week! Congrats! And Seasha, I made two "leaf sweepings" (my word for gardening) this past week. Lagniappe!

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
            Going to go back to basics or "by the numbers"....

2.25 miles 3x a week at gym on: elliptical with resistance, stair/ladder and treadmill machines, similar stride length except treadmill. I vary clockwise / counter clockwise but always slow on treadmill. Total shy of 7 miles each week.

The three sessions at gym include all machines (not every week!), sometimes a stretching routine, bands, and lately variations using equipment creatively. Roughly 90 minutes each session (4.5 hours @ week). Arm and grip appear better this past week. Core work too. Legs are another story.

6 days a week of stretch routine at home using a 4 ft pole, 25 minutes each (2 hours @ week)
            Jer ~ You and your trainer have formulated a well-rounded, all encompassing exercise plan. You certainly put beaucoup effort into your workouts.

Overall: Spasticity progresses. I expect it too. With grace and only with grace I accept it. I'm learning tangible things about my MS certainly, but the MS is a constant moving target. Here now - gone tomorrow. Whack a Mole! An advantage from submitting to MS symptoms. You gain.... humility, patience, fortitude, etc.
            Well said, Jer. Amen to that.

~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
              You and your trainer have formulated a well-rounded, all encompassing exercise plan.
              Ko, Had dinner with Janet last evening, her idea.

She is moving to FL with much to do quickly, the coming week's 3 sessions will be our last.

Comment

Ko, Had dinner with Janet last evening, her idea.

She is moving to FL with much to do quickly, the coming week's 3 sessions will be our last.
                Jer - Sorry to learn that, I know you will miss her a bunch.

Does she have a replacement trainer in mind for you?

Comment

Sorry for the late check in guys. I've visited the forum a few times but trying to multiquote on the new software has thrown me for a loop and I just end up deleting what I started and go do something else. Guess I need to work on my patience.

Nice job hitting those goals everyone....

I managed to hit my goals as well and have been more active in the last two weeks than I have been in a while. Keep it going.
                  The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Working...
                  X