• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Goalposters Exercise Check-in for 10-08-2020

4 checked in last week.

3 made goals.
    1 didn't track goals.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last we
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made goals.

1 Silver Sneakers
    2 Chair Yoga
    1 Strong Seniors
    2 PT at home

My Garmin wouldn't sync this week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Mamabug! Great goals met!

Been in a bit of fog this week. Literally too as our skies have been seasonally foggy.

Put me down for partial goal met. I did help babysit a couple times for a short while, but only out in the garden briefly a couple times.
      My legs and walking have felt exceptionally heavy and sluggish with pain, so not much motivation to do much.

Goal next week is to do more stretching to combat the spasticity and work on more positive thoughts during the trying times. Rain forecast for the next week, so maybe I can work on cleaning the house.

Good health to all!
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Thats great Mamabug.

Good job Seasha.

I made my goals this week.

2 nights of Jiu Jitsu......done
        2 runs @ 3 miles each.....one @ 5 miles and one @ 3miles
        2 yoga/stretch sessions.

averaged 14,573 steps per day with my most active being 19415

8 hours 28 minutes average sleep

looking to go back to back next week. Keep it going.
        The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Hello everyone

Mamabug - Terrific job on your exercise goals!

Seasha - Despite not feeling well, you still accomplished partial goals. Great effort! Hope you feel much better soon.

Boudreaux - Fantastic! Goals met! Good luck on achieving a back-to-back victory next week.

~ My exercises went very well, and my goals were accomplished. I'm thankful for a good week.

I had the good fortune to experience one of those rare days, whereby my nerve signals were transmitting way better than usual, all day long.

It was truly amazing, but naturally left me wondering - what brings about such a change? How can this be replicated? I couldn't find a single thing that was any different than usual in the days prior, such as food, drink, sleep, supplements, weather, etc.

I usually can find the culprit(s) responsible for the not-so-good physical function days - the days in which my nerve signals are erratic, sluggish, or fizzle out early.

In any case, if I should make a discovery, you guys will be the first to know.

Same goals for next week.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 6X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

Be strong and of good courage, be not afraid nor dismayed...

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post

In any case, if I should make a discovery, you guys will be the first to know.
            That would be great
            The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Pretty great week in general everyone!

Seasha, I (we) know about that "lack of motivation" but recognizing a positive attitude as the priority in next weeks goals.... That's mental exercise in my playbook! Also have to comment on Mamabug's week: You are back! despite the hardware glitch. Boudreaux! Wow. That's all got, Wow.

I made a good week out of it. We (trainer) are opening up to more thinking on the fly. Usually I follow her lead (Jump! How high?). Now I'm voicing my thoughts more often. Sometimes... another unsuccessful attempt, but success (often minor) this week.

KoKo said she usually can find the culprit(s) responsible for the not-so-good physical function days. Maybe, but I'm not there. My latest thinking is simpler. Make the effort any way, every way.

I rediscovered this again.... Think of the comparison of free weights vs machine. Free weights require you to establish form, maintaining position in time and space while doing repetitions. Machine exercise requires strength only, working against or toward one preset direction.

Working against resistance on a machine, my efforts are rewarded. Without resistance is harder, you need to locate your extremities in time and space first then do routine. Harder, but I think it is the way to go since I am often unaware of my exact foot position

Next weeks goal will be to position myself on my back and establish a 30 or 45 second routine comprised of bicycling clockwise / counter clockwise, knees to chest / legs straight, legs straight up / legs spread. Maybe 3 or 4 of each. Stop, rest then repeat.

Benefit should be mentally finding my body in space and syncing right and left sides in time. Start by working against gravity, later add ankle weights. This exercise could enhance my mind-body connection as well as strength.... Shoot for the moon, land on the roof!

Ps. Glad for your good week KoKo!

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
                Pretty great week in general everyone!

Shoot for the moon, land on the roof!
                Love this quote Jer!

Glad to see that you, KoKo and Boudreaux all had a good week and held onto positive attitudes.
                1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hey Jer! Glad that you had a good week!

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
                  Next weeks goal will be to position myself on my back and establish a 30 or 45 second routine comprised of bicycling clockwise / counter clockwise, knees to chest / legs straight, legs straight up / legs spread. Maybe 3 or 4 of each. Stop, rest then repeat.

Benefit should be mentally finding my body in space and syncing right and left sides in time. Start by working against gravity, later add ankle weights. This exercise could enhance my mind-body connection as well as strength.... Shoot for the moon, land on the roof!
                  Looks like a super plan, Jer! Good luck!

Originally posted by 502E79;n507710[B
                  KoKo[/B] said she usually can find the culprit(s) responsible for the not-so-good physical function days.
                  For me, the culprits are: high humidity / high dew point, getting too warm, overactivity, poor sleep the previous night, having a virus, infection, or fever.

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
                  ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
                  X