Goalposts Exercise Check in 7/23/2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goalposts Exercise Check in 7/23/2020

Seems as though Mamabug has taken a page from my book and is playing hookie. 'll go ahead and start this thread for everyone to report.

Hope to hear from you guys soon.
    The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Thanks Boudreaux! Let's hope that Mamabug is ok.

I had a good week, and accomplished my goals. Nothing out of the ordinary to report, which I don't mind at all.

Started my breathing exercises last week, and hope to see improvements with deeper breathing. It's become somewhat shallow over the years.

I'm going to continue with my current exercise goals.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 6X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

Good energy and peace of mind to all.
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

This day and age Koko, I'll take ordinary all day long! Congrats on the goals.

My goals were...
      2 nights of Jiu Jitsu....done
      2 runs at 3 miles each....1 at 3 miles and 1 at 4 miles.

Lagniappe....
      5 walks with my wife at 2 miles each.
      12447 average daily step count
      8 hours 26 minutes average daily sleep

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
        Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Hey Bourdreaux! Nothing like taking the initiative!... Hope all is well with Mamabug too.

KoKo, although I often need to remind myself or be reminded to breath, the only thing I seem to remember: "belly breathing" & "inhale on exertion / exhale on recovery" (I think)

My week:

Elliptical: 2.2 miles with resistance, 1/2 fwd, 1/2 bkd (maybe 28 minutes?)

Treadmill: .3 mile with minor scuffing of "drop-foot."13 minutes? Still off pre covid day routine times, but gaining without suffering any drastic consequences.

250 minute mix of upper body exercises, lower body exercises and core / abs on decline bench @ an honest 30 degrees in gym.

Should mention that an hour or so of this was taken up by trainer working my spastic arm. Painful to go through positions she works me into, but I do feel more fluid after, although a still slow moving arm. Sometimes it last 36 hours... then a slow fade back to spastic.

Pool: Looks to be out for the year sadly

Daily: 30 minutes of stretching using pole / wrist weights 6 days a week.

Pluses this week.... Got a haircut, bye bye mullet! Received the sacrament of Reconciliation and when weather allowed... stretching routines: outside deck on sunny mornings! Life is good.

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post

My goals were...
          2 nights of Jiu Jitsu....done
          2 runs at 3 miles each....1 at 3 miles and 1 at 4 miles.

Lagniappe....
          5 walks with my wife at 2 miles each.
          12447 average daily step count
          8 hours 26 minutes average daily sleep
          Terrific!

Boudreaux, it looks like you had a very successful week with moving that 'bod' of yours!

You even earned some extra credit bonus points. Cool!
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Sorry! I spaced out starting this this week. Thursday was a busy day. Three hour drive to ku med center, MRI, Dr appointment, three hour drive back. Lots of waiting in between.

I did okay for goals. Some pt at home, done chair yoga. I needed new battery in Garmin so I don't have a report on steps.

Thanks, beaudreaux, for starting the thread!
            ~ Faith
            MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
            - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
            - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
            - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Nice work everyone!

We finally got some hot weather here, so working in the cooler mornings saved me.
              It's harvest time in the gardens! Gallons of blueberries (6 so far and lots more to pick), green beans, cucumbers, squash, and the dreaded weeds!!!

Naps in the afternoon as it's too hot for anything else and I'm wiped out. Most everyone here doesn't have need for AC, so had fan blowing a soft breeze while I slept.
              1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
              Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
                KoKo, although I often need to remind myself or be reminded to breath, the only thing I seem to remember: "belly breathing" & "inhale on exertion / exhale on recovery" (I think)
                Hey Jer! The 3 breathing techniques/exercises that I'm working on are separate from the type of breathing during physical exercise. The link can be found in the Exercise Tips for MS sticky thread, if interested.

Elliptical: 2.2 miles with resistance, 1/2 fwd, 1/2 bkd (maybe 28 minutes?)

Treadmill: .3 mile with minor scuffing of "drop-foot."13 minutes? Still off pre covid day routine times, but gaining without suffering any drastic consequences.

250 minute mix of upper body exercises, lower body exercises and core / abs on decline bench @ an honest 30 degrees in gym.

Should mention that an hour or so of this was taken up by trainer working my spastic arm. Painful to go through positions she works me into, but I do feel more fluid after, although a still slow moving arm. Sometimes it last 36 hours... then a slow fade back to spastic.

Daily: 30 minutes of stretching using pole / wrist weights 6 days a week.
                Jer looks like a stellar workout week for you!

Your arm therapy seems bound to yield some positive results, over time.

Pluses this week.... Got a haircut, bye bye mullet! Received the sacrament of Reconciliation and when weather allowed... stretching routines: outside deck on sunny mornings! Life is good.
                Sounds good!

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
                  It's harvest time in the gardens! Gallons of blueberries...
                  Seasha! Had to comment on the blueberries.... Decades ago my parents would always spend the last 2 weeks of July at a lodge on a lake in CT. Often, kids would be given containers to pick wild blueberries. The following days would be filled with Swedish blueberry pancakes, muffins, deserts, etc. Thanks for the memory! And glad the temps are more agreeable at night!

Bourdeaux... must be a little cooler by you also (?) with the success at runs and the extra 20 minutes zzzzz's.

KoKo, I'll take a look at the sticky, thanks ... also, you use to be less than 3 hours up & moving... n'est pas? (sp?)

Mamabug, welcome back, sounds like a horrible way to kill a day in a car 6 hours! ugh!

Comment

KoKo, I'll take a look at the sticky, thanks ... also, you use to be less than 3 hours up & moving... n'est pas? (sp?)
                    I used to do (5X) 30 min up on feet, plus a (1X) 30 min walk.

But since I do as much standing (pauses) as I do taking steps during the 30 min walk, I decided to document the 30 min walk as just up on feet (walk/stand) instead of 30 min walking. It wouldn't be accurate anymore to say that I'm actually walking for the entire 30 min.

Vous comprenez?

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
                      I did okay for goals. Some pt at home, done chair yoga. I needed new battery in Garmin so I don't have a report on steps.
                      Okay is good, Mamabug! I'm sure you did plenty of steps too.

We finally got some hot weather here, so working in the cooler mornings saved me.
                      It's harvest time in the gardens! Gallons of blueberries (6 so far and lots more to pick), green beans, cucumbers, squash, and the dreaded weeds!!!
                      Looks like a lot of work, Seasha! And then the rewards are so delicious.

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
                        Vous comprenez?

Yes.... Oui! Thank you for giving me a clear picture of the routine(s) you set for yourself and how you establish them.

I find that our thinking about our illness works on the whole body. It is the exercise that is done and the quality in the person by which it was done.

I do not know exactly what drives me to do one thing and put aside another but do know that the "fruit" of my actions is evident to me.

"I create myself: - My being by my thought, my thought by thought itself." -J.G. Fichte

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
                          Sorry! I spaced out starting this this week.
                          Looks like you covered some ground though, PT and some Yoga, nice. Garmin is testing my patience right now.
                          Originally posted by KoKo View Post
                          Boudreaux, it looks like you had a very successful week
                          I think so as well. Looks like you did as well.

Life is good.
                          Indeed it is Jerry.

Bourdeaux... must be a little cooler by you also
                          Negative. It's as hot as ever....and humid...and we are waterlogged...

It's harvest time in the gardens! Gallons of blueberries
                          I love blueberries...enjoy

Comment

Working...
                          X