Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exercise check in 11/21/2019

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Exercise check in 11/21/2019

    Oops! Forgot to post this on Thursday! I'll try to add my report tomorrow.

    5 checked in this last week.

    3 met goals.
    2 made partial goals.

    Just like last week.

    For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

    Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08
    .

    - Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

    #2
    I almost went ahead and started a new thread for you. lol

    I only made a partial goal for the week. I only babysat once and didn't do many of my PT exercises.
    Spasticity in legs was so bad it was hard to move around. I did do some floor exercises and yoga however.

    Hopefully, I'll reach my goal for next time.
    Happy Thanksgiving to all.
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

    Comment


      #3
      Made Goals

      Hello everyone

      Thanks for remembering our exercise thread, Mamabug.

      Seasha ~ Sorry that spasticity messed up your goals. Hopefully it eases up for you.

      I had a very good week doing all the exercises, and for some reason, I didn't feel the need to take two days off for rest. So far my muscles aren't complaining about it (fingers crossed).

      I'm still going to keep the same goals, though. You all know how we can have better than usual days, and then too those days where things are more difficult than usual.

      Also, I have found that it's easier for me to do the 20 in-chair ab crunches all in the morning, rather than to do 10 in the AM and 10 in the PM. Morning is my most productive time of the day.

      Daily: Up on feet and light activity 5X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day

      5X a Week: Walk with rollator 5X during the week @ 30 min each time + In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Leg exercises

      Happy Thanksgiving to all!
      PPMS for 23 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

      Comment


        #4
        All going pretty well from what I read.

        Kudos to everyone, and Seasha.... isn't it a kick in the head how there are days that you can exercise right through spasticity and feel better for it and another day you KNOW that isn't the way to go?

        This week there was one fly in the ointment. My attempts to do some biceps work with the hope of exceeding my benchmark were fruitless. Nada. Zilch.

        Did not even approach benchmark! Then other routines that have been questionable were doable although not perfect. I still counted them.

        Bright note: Stamina or endurance appears better in cardio room. More distance here, more time there with maintaining resistance. Not officially a goal of mine but always in the back of my mind. So next week I will try to remember the added time / distance and maintain. Happy camper.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
          Then other routines that have been questionable were doable although not perfect. I still counted them.

          Bright note: Stamina or endurance appears better in cardio room. More distance here, more time there with maintaining resistance. Not officially a goal of mine but always in the back of my mind. So next week I will try to remember the added time / distance and maintain. Happy camper.
          Sounds good, Jer! Great effort and attitude!
          PPMS for 23 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

          Comment


            #6
            Nice work on the partials guys and way to go Koko, knocking it out the park!

            My goals are...
            2 nights of Jiu Jitsu.... Done
            3- 3 mile runs.... got 2 in
            3 weight training sessions... didnít get any.

            I doubt Iíll make my goals Thanksgiving week but Iíll stay busy. Keep it going yíall.
            The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
              My goals are...
              2 nights of Jiu Jitsu.... Done
              3- 3 mile runs.... got 2 in
              Good for you, Boudreaux!

              Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
              I doubt Iíll make my goals Thanksgiving week but Iíll stay busy.
              I'm sure you'll be moving around plenty this week!
              PPMS for 23 years (dx 1998)
              ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

              Comment


                #8
                Good job, everyone, on meeting goals or partial goals. Keep moving!

                I likely made partial goals. I'm so late at reporting, I'm just going to skip a detailed post this week.

                I'm still going doing chair yoga and strong Seniors, as well as occasional PT at home. I probably didn't get enough steps.
                ~ Faith
                MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                (now a Mimibug)

                Symptoms began in JAN02
                - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08
                .

                - Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
                  I'm still going doing chair yoga and strong Seniors, as well as occasional PT at home. I probably didn't get enough steps.
                  Mamabug ~

                  Body movements (yoga, stretches, PT exercises) are just as important as steps, and at times (with MS issues), even more beneficial.
                  PPMS for 23 years (dx 1998)
                  ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Thanksgiving Week & Beyond.

                    Just a note say I was not caught up in all the food & drink during this festive week, although I had a share. Monday, Wednesday and Friday each had 2 hour sessions consisting of general "maintenance." Also spent a bit more time in Cardio room. Not a earth shaking week but considering that trainer was on holiday, I'll give myself star for the effort.

                    This past week was interrupted by the ice/snow event Sat-Sun-Mon, but got the pool in on Tuesday and now off to gym for "upper body", with trainer back... life is good!

                    Hope all have had a good Thanksgiving! ... and kept at it over these past weeks.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
                      Just a note say I was not caught up in all the food & drink during this festive week, although I had a share. Monday, Wednesday and Friday each had 2 hour sessions consisting of general "maintenance." Also spent a bit more time in Cardio room. Not a earth shaking week but considering that trainer was on holiday, I'll give myself star for the effort.

                      This past week was interrupted by the ice/snow event Sat-Sun-Mon, but got the pool in on Tuesday and now off to gym for "upper body", with trainer back... life is good!

                      Hope all have had a good Thanksgiving! ... and kept at it over these past weeks.
                      Thanks for the post. I guess, with Thanksgiving, I neglected to begin a post last week. Eek! I didn't even notice until today.
                      ~ Faith
                      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                      (now a Mimibug)

                      Symptoms began in JAN02
                      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08
                      .

                      - Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X