• Show
Clear All

Exercise check in 10/03/2019

4 checked in this last week.

2 met goal.
    1 made partial goals.
    1 exceeded goals.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made partial goals

Thurs - 2477 steps; Silver Sneakers Classic
    Fri - 1436 steps; Chair Yoga, Strong Seniors
    Sat - 1403 steps;
    Sun - 1710 steps;
    Mon - 1285 steps; Chair Yoga, Strong Seniors
    Tues - 1378 steps;
    Wed - 1790 steps; PT

Total steps = 11,479 steps. Average: 1640 steps per day
    Total exercise = 6x

Saturday, I attended our annual Chili Cook-off. I was surprised that I didn't have more steps, but I guess it really wasn't a lot of walking. My son let me off close by. I sat between most of the booths while eating. But, somehow, I was still worn out. I didn't list that as an exercise because it didn't involve much physical activity, even though it tired me out.

Sunday afternoon, I went for a bike ride with my husband. However, lol, it also didn't involve much physical activity. It was a three-wheeled tricycle with a motor, so I didn't need to pedal. But, it did involve some courage to try new things. I've tried it before with less success. Needing to control the speed, the steering and the brakes somewhat overwhelms me. I also didn't count that as exercise. But, this seemed like a somewhat appropriate place to list my Saturday and Sunday activities, even though they weren't really exercise.

I'll say that I made partial goals because I exercised more than 4x, even though I didn't make my steps goal.

Goals:
    1. Average of 2,000 steps per day.
    2. Exercise at least 4 times out of 7 days. Silver Sneakers, recumbent bike at Wellness Center or Senior Center (chair yoga and strong seniors), PT, YouTube chair exercises or something else.
    3. Include some strength training on some of my exercise days (could be PT).
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Nice job. I love chili.

My goals were:

2 nights of Jiu Jitsu.....Made 1
      3 gym sessions..... still battling 0 on that one.
      3 3 mile runs.... made 1 4.5 mile run

Been in a bit of a rut but I’m putting extra hours in at work. I need to re-calibrate and re-engage. Focus on the important things....like chocolate cake!
      The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Nice tries, you two.

I only made a partial goal as I didn't accomplish all my hard PT exercises. Had out of town company for 2 days which threw me off - in a good way

Still babysat 2x with lots of walking (for me) and finally able to make my way back to my yoga class after an months absence.

Will try harder next week.
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Made Goals

Hi everyone

I made goals, thankfully.

Need to increase and focus more on my leg stretches / exercises, though.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity 5X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + In-chair ab crunches, 2X a day @ 10 crunches each time

5X a Week: Walk with rollator 5X during the week @ 30 min each time

Keep trying. Good energy and perseverance to all.
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
          X