Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At first I was going to add this to a CCRC thread I've been a part of. Something comparing my living alone in my own home VS my current locale, an independent living facility.

I gave up a few neighbors, lots of wildlife, from spiders to deer and black bear, rain in woods, some dirt roads, farms, no real traffic, quiet other than the weekend mowers....

All exchanged for fewer stars, but friendly neighbors. A great variety of birds in trees I view from above, no longer up high in the sky, More traffic but separate, at a distance, seen but not really heard. I'm alone but closer to others. A sense of community which is as much of a comfort as sitting by any fireplace.

I've enjoyed a lot more in my life than covered in these past 20+ years. The To every season... scripture comes to mind.

We get what we need if we seek it. As importantly it appears at just the right time!

The Gratitudes thread was also the right place for this post.

Comment

Saying goodby to 2022!

Just read the last few years postings and this goodby is different. More to be grateful for!

Any demands my body (and mind?) made... I managed.

Any requests from others were fulfilled too. Although there were not many, each was a lesson in what could still be done. I have the tools, just need to apply them and I did.

My gratitude comes from faith. In others certainly. More than one lesson learned this year within the threads @ MSW and from people in my daily life. But also in God and the strength conferred upon me through his subjective will.

May everyone here have a joyfully 2023!... with lots of health, friends and more faith than ever before!

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
        Saying goodby to 2022!

Just read the last few years postings and this goodby is different. More to be grateful for!

Any demands my body (and mind?) made... I managed.

Any requests from others were fulfilled too. Although there were not many, each was a lesson in what could still be done. I have the tools, just need to apply them and I did.

My gratitude comes from faith. In others certainly. More than one lesson learned this year within the threads @ MSW and from people in my daily life. But also in God and the strength conferred upon me through his subjective will.

May everyone here have a joyfully 2023!... with lots of health, friends and more faith than ever before!
        Hello Jer

Thank you for sharing your uplifting and inspirational experience with the practice of gratitude and faith!

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Yes, thanks for the uplifting gratitude post.
          ~ Faith
          MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
          - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
          - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

A note to wish all a great Labor Day holiday and all that goes with summer fading.

A posting here in the Gratitude thread came to mind because of my insomnia. Quit you're chuckling.

This early morning (and the Moon!) brought a lot of summer memories from many different summers regardless of whether they were of Labor Days past.

Summer '23 was different but just being able to remember people, places, relationships, made things special.

'Memories, the Indian summer of the heart,' Whittier I think? Enjoy your weekend and your memories too.

Comment

Wow!

A total of 2 posts so far in 2023....!

Can not let the year fade away without a comment.

I've had a good year, regardless of progression, it was a gift.

I am not going to require better health of body and mind as a condition to show gratitude. The illness is a part of me. Without it I could be far worse off. I now spend less time trying to be understood. And I understand much more about living than many healthy people.

Let's try for cheerful new year and embrace all that we have.

Happy 2024!

Comment

I just got back from seeing my son in a lake town, Anguilara. I take a tram to the train and a train to Anguilara to meet my son. We have a nice lunch and then I return home. I am so very grateful that I can still do this on my own. MS has not been kind to me this year but I never forget how fortunate I am despite that. HAPPY NEW YEAR tutti !

Comment

Grateful for almost 13 good years on Tysabri and that while it may be ending, my neuro is really working with me on next steps.

Also grateful for warm temps in March!
                  Kathy
                  DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Thanks for reviving this thread.
                    ~ Faith
                    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I'm grateful for out new house. We moved, about 5 months ago, next door to our daughter. I LOVE being next door to grandchildren.

They choose to come over, almost daily, to come play cards with me. :-)
                      ~ Faith
                      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

That is awesome mamabug! I grew up next door to grandparents. I loved seeing them everyday, playing cards, games, chatting. Wonderful memories you are making!

Jinxed the warm temps - up the cabin and walked the dog while snowing, sleeting. Better than a cold rain though.
                        Kathy
                        DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
                        X