Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just read a news clipping about a convent that has been without heat since Saturday and not expected to get it back until tomorrow (They're calling for 10" of snow). A car wrecked nearby and wiped out their gas line. When the Mother Superior was asked about it, she said "It's an awful good reminder of what people suffer through...It's a reminder of just how blessed we are, and what we take for granted. In that sense, I want to say it's been a good experience." Then she goes on to say "Faith is not a life insurance policy against life. Faith is a way of living life and saying 'We're not alone in this.'" I like that.

Comment

Originally posted by NoraS View Post
      Just read a news clipping about a convent that has been without heat since Saturday and not expected to get it back until tomorrow (They're calling for 10" of snow). A car wrecked nearby and wiped out their gas line. When the Mother Superior was asked about it, she said "It's an awful good reminder of what people suffer through...It's a reminder of just how blessed we are, and what we take for granted. In that sense, I want to say it's been a good experience." Then she goes on to say "Faith is not a life insurance policy against life. Faith is a way of living life and saying 'We're not alone in this.'" I like that.
      Thank you for sharing this, NoraS.

A beautiful and inspirational story.
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I had the last of scheduled tree work done this week. The day after our serious snow, 5 guys, an 145" crane and a few chainsaws arrived. 3 hours later... two 125" Tulip poplar trees were "disassembled"... small branches in one pile, the 2 to 3 ton major pieces "placed" assessable to road for cut-up and removal as firewood. It was 20 degrees at ground level, even with a mild breeze it had to be 15 hanging in a harness up in the canopy. Dangerous on every level.

There was a dignity with which these fellows did their respective jobs in adverse conditions. A humbling perspective on essential workers up close and personal.

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
          Christmas cookies!

Smiles all around right? Gotta be grateful for some Christmas cookies.
          Grateful and pleasantly surprised - my nephew and niece-in-law delivered Christmas cookies.

I'm hoping that you will receive some cookies too, Jer.

~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
            I'm hoping that you will receive some cookies too, Jer.
            By mail, a few days ago, a courier left a boxed tin of homemade cookies. They spent the night outside @ 15F. They were hard as a rock but.... upon a 24 hour thaw were as good as direct from her kitchen (my trainer in FL!)

And an hour ago I saw tail lights going down my drive. Checked front door, found a nice xmas card with a bottle of Pinot Gris.

Don't really know what that is, my wine can come out of a box... but I still have a corkscrew!

Some stuff to help get through this stormy Christmas Eve. Have a nice Christmas KoKo!

Comment

Ate a slice of GF, DF cheesecake purchased from Natural Grocers on Christmas day. Had a Zoom visit, a phone call and some emails.
              ~ Faith
              MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
              - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
              - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
              - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Grateful that we are a few weeks away from spring and leaving behind a winter (year?) that most of our great country will not forget.

Let's hope all the loose ends will fade yet serve as a lesson. We will soon be in our teens again!

Comment

I'm grateful that my husband and I are scheduled for our COVID vaccination on March 15! We were able to get on a waiting list for people who are not yet "eligible" but are were available at "short notice", which was expected to be within 24 hours, but we have several days notice. It will be the Johnson and Johnson shot; only one required.

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
                  Grateful that we are a few weeks away from spring and leaving behind a winter (year?) that most of our great country will not forget.

Let's hope all the loose ends will fade yet serve as a lesson. We will soon be in our teens again!
                  I'm also grateful for the spring weather!

~ Faith
                  (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                  - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I'm grateful for a new granddaughter this morning.

Little S was born at 5:22am. 9lbs, 3oz. A sister to M, age 5, and L, age 3.
                    ~ Faith
                    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post

Little S was born at 5:22am. 9lbs, 3oz. A sister to M, age 5, and L, age 3.
                      Wonderful news! Wishing the best to all, especially to the newborn Little S.

Comment

Congrats! Hope Mom, Dad, and baby S are all doing well. I am sure her siblings are thrilled to have a baby sister.
                        Kathy
                        DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Did you know?
                          Little S was born on the 21st day of the 21st week of the 21st year of the 21st century.

Cool.
                          ~ Faith
                          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Did you know?
                            Little S was born on the 21st day of the 21st week of the 21st year of the 21st century.

Cool.
                            Wow, that's really something! Makes Little S extra extra special!

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post

Wow, that's really something! Makes Little S extra extra special!
                              Maybe we'll have to plan VA big 21st birthday party !

~ Faith
                              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Did you know?

Cool.
                                Congratulations Mamabug! and to mom & dad & little S.

I see a baby size custom pink sweat shirt...

Front,centered... "Did you know that I was born on the etc."

Then we need photos....

See what you started.

Comment

Working...
                                X