Exercise Check In for 9/13/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise Check In for 9/13/18

(I'm posting this a day early. I expect to be busy, tomorrow and the rest of today, getting ready for guests, so I thought I'd do this while I have time.)

5 checked in this last week.

GOALS REACHED:
    3 made goals
    GOALS MISSED:
    1 missed goals; is changing goals for next week
    Other:
    1 is taking a break from setting measurable goals

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Didn't set measurable goals

(I'm posting this a day early. I expect to be busy, tomorrow and the rest of today, getting ready for guests, so I thought I'd do this while I have time.)

I'm taking a break, for a few weeks, from setting measurable goals. My functional medicine changes have been enough goal-setting for me for awhile. And, my daughter and her family, which includes the cutest two little boys in the world, are arriving tomorrow for a week and a half.

In the meantime, I'll still report what I'm doing, just to hold myself accountable to something.

Thurs - 2040 steps
    Fri - 1114 steps
    Sat - 1216 steps
    Sun - 1264 steps
    Mon - 1543 steps
    Tues - 2086 steps
    Wed - 1899 steps, PT

Total steps = 11,162 = 1595 average per day
    Total exercise days = 1
    Last edited by Mamabug; 09-13-2018, 09:29 AM.
    ~ Faith
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I'm checking in early too as I've reached my goal already. And YES! No need to scold me for neglecting my floors. We've had a lot of rain and cooler temps forcing me inside, so I vacuumed and washed both bathrooms, our walk-in pantry and entryway. (All tile) Vacuumed 2 bedrooms too. All done with lots of rest in between.

Babysat 2 times and did yoga (I always forget to mention that each week)

Did a little bit of gardening when it stopped raining.

Next week goal of getting exercise 4 times includes starting to wash and vacuum our hardwood floors. You know, I think my legs and arms are stronger after joining this group. My endurance has strengthened too which I'm so happy about. It's not that great, but has improved.

Have a wonderful week exercisers!
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Made Goals

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
        I'm checking in early too as I've reached my goal already. And YES! No need to scold me for neglecting my floors. We've had a lot of rain and cooler temps forcing me inside, so I vacuumed and washed both bathrooms, our walk-in pantry and entryway. (All tile) Vacuumed 2 bedrooms too. All done with lots of rest in between.

Babysat 2 times and did yoga (I always forget to mention that each week)

Did a little bit of gardening when it stopped raining.
        Wow Seasha, you had a terrific week of physical activity!

(Thank you, as I really didn't want to have to scold you.)

Mamabug ~ I bet you will be more physically active than you think, with your family coming to visit.

I made goals too. Was able to do 5 walks during the week @ 30 min each, ~ was up and active 4X each day at 30 min each, ~ also did my stretches.

Did some light housecleaning, and my older sister came over and did the heavier cleaning for me. Learned my lesson when I got sore muscles last week!

Wishing everyone enough strength and energy to accomplish your goals.
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

msgijo

msgijo

Hoping that you will get through the bad storm there in SE USA, and that you and DH, and your animals, will all be ok.

Sending good thoughts and prayers your way.
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Made Goals

Thu 8579 (washed car and truck)
            Fri 6911 (Grandparents day at school)
            Sat 7184
            Sun 6775 (fought sleep all day)
            Mon 5558
            Tue 7506 (shopping for dog food and grandaughters B-Day gift)
            Wed 6655

Walked over 6K steps on 6 out of 7 days and averaged 6310 steps/day . I will keep same goal next week.

KoKo - GREAT WEEK ! And thanks for your concern about the storm. I did some storm prep today and now I hear that it has changed course again! But no matter - we are all set for it. It should be mostly rain here with a few gusts (30-ish miles to the GA border). Hoping that it will send some cooler temps your way.

Seasha - AWESOME WEEK ! See you CAN do housework . As long as we have power, I suppose that I will be cleaning house this weekend - UGH. Keep up the activity - and I am glad to hear that you are seeing benefits from it .

Mamabug - enjoy your family time. In my experience, every time that I have grandchildren over I am MUCH more active .

Wishing everyone a great week!

Comment

Originally posted by msgijo View Post
              Thu 8579 (washed car and truck)
              Fri 6911 (Grandparents day at school)
              Sat 7184
              Sun 6775 (fought sleep all day)
              Mon 5558
              Tue 7506 (shopping for dog food and grandaughters B-Day gift)
              Wed 6655

Walked over 6K steps on 6 out of 7 days and averaged 6310 steps/day .
              Marvelous!

Originally posted by msgijo View Post
              I did some storm prep today and now I hear that it has changed course again! But no matter - we are all set for it. It should be mostly rain here with a few gusts (30-ish miles to the GA border).
              That's reassuring! Thanks for letting us know.

Comment

Newbie who missed his goals for the week

Hi all,

New to the checkin, happy to give it a go. Sorry start 🤔 next week is shaping up better already, though.

Since last Thursday:
                Yoga 6 days (goal was 7 days)
                Ran 2x for 3 miles total (goal was three times for 5+ miles)
                Bodyweight exercise 1x for 35 min (goal was 2x for 1:30)

Silver lining, achieved my step goal (average for the week), goal was >6000/day avg and passed 8000 avg:
                Fri 4169
                Sat 6766
                Sun 16569
                Mon 8297 (ran that morning)
                Tue 4425
                Wed 11258 (ran in morning plus walked at work and at home in evening)
                Thu 4901

Here’s to a great week ahead for everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by MisterMan View Post
                  Hi all,

New to the checkin, happy to give it a go. Sorry start 🤔 next week is shaping up better already, though.

Since last Thursday:
                  Yoga 6 days (goal was 7 days)
                  Ran 2x for 3 miles total (goal was three times for 5+ miles)
                  Bodyweight exercise 1x for 35 min (goal was 2x for 1:30)

Silver lining, achieved my step goal (average for the week), goal was >6000/day avg and passed 8000 avg:
                  Fri 4169
                  Sat 6766
                  Sun 16569
                  Mon 8297 (ran that morning)
                  Tue 4425
                  Wed 11258 (ran in morning plus walked at work and at home in evening)
                  Thu 4901

Here’s to a great week ahead for everyone!
                  Welcome MisterMan! Looking good!

Comment

Fantastic workout MisterMan
                    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Welcome, Mister Man!

I'll count you, in my tally on Thursday, as meeting partial goals.
                      ~ Faith
                      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

My apologies for my absence. Having to get a few things accomolished at work.

Thursday- 8715 steps
                        Friday- 112 steps (dead fitbit)
                        Saturday- 10310 steps
                        Sunday- fitbit off
                        Monday- 3075 steps
                        Tuesday- 9809 steps
                        Wednesday- 5706 steps

Hit my step goals once last week, 10 flights a day....fugetaboutit. Having to spend more time behind that desk at work last few weeks. Needless to say my walking has had to be put on the back burner, priorities and all. I havent checked in for the last two weeks but they were pretty much the same. I did train bjj twice 2 weeks ago and once last week so thats good.
                        The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
                          My apologies for my absence. Having to get a few things accomolished at work.

Thursday- 8715 steps
                          Friday- 112 steps (dead fitbit)
                          Saturday- 10310 steps
                          Sunday- fitbit off
                          Monday- 3075 steps
                          Tuesday- 9809 steps
                          Wednesday- 5706 steps

Hit my step goals once last week, 10 flights a day....fugetaboutit. Having to spend more time behind that desk at work last few weeks. Needless to say my walking has had to be put on the back burner, priorities and all. I havent checked in for the last two weeks but they were pretty much the same. I did train bjj twice 2 weeks ago and once last week so thats good.
                          Boudreaux

You're doing the best you can, while trying to accomplish work requirements also. After all, there are limited hours in the day!

Comment

Welcome, Mister Man!
                            ~ Faith
                            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Working...
                            X