Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 9/6/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 9/6/18

Hi Everyone. Sorry I wasn’t able to record my weight last week. I have been on a steady gain and have to get back to business. My trip to Illinois was productive but was tiring and fattening. I got many items shipped to Idaho. I am terribly sad to leave Illinois and especially one dear friend who has been an incredible help to me since my husband died. Now to get back to the business of weight control. I need all the help I can get.

I have gained four pounds since the 23rd and am very ashamed of myself. I now weigh ten pounds more than my goal weight, almost all of it in the past three months. That puts me at 125.5. I have lost total control and feel like I am beginning from square one. I will try to lose a pound this coming week.

Agate, that’s terrific that you lost a pound. I have every confidence that you will keep that scale going down. Keep up the momentum.

Mamabug, good for you for again losing. That is terrific that you continue to be in the 120's. I am sure you will lose more. Keep that scale going down.

Hsmaldo, so sorry to miss you this week. I wish the best for you and hope to see you this coming week.

Msgijo, good for you for staying the same. I wish you the best with your thyroid medication. Keep up the good work.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you and hope all is well. I hope the season is treating you well.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 16 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Written by Kris Gunnars, BSc on August 22, 2018

Drink Coffee (Preferably Black)

Coffee has been unfairly demonized. Quality coffee is loaded with antioxidants and can have numerous health benefits.

Studies show that the caffeine in coffee can boost metabolism by 3–11% and increase fat burning by up to 10–29%.

Just make sure not to add a bunch of sugar or other high-calorie ingredients to your coffee. That will completely negate any benefits.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

1.4 pounds by two members. Keep up the good work.

Total Gain:

4 pounds by one member. This is another astonishing gain. I am mortified and hope to do better next week.

Stayed The Same:

0 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

4135.0 is the total weight loss for the past 16+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

Lost 0.4 pounds

8/30 120.4
    9/6 120.0

Yay me! It seems that I have been eating more this week, so I guess that I have been making good food choices . Well except for the cookies that my dh got for me the other day - but they have been oh so good. I have been eating only 2 a day, so that helps to keep down any gains from then and makes them last longer .
    I will attempt to stay the same weight this week.

Karen - sorry to hear of your gain . But you have had a couple of stressful months here so it is to be expected. Maybe instead of focusing on not eating you could find something else to "comfort" you - maybe something like chair yoga? A video was posted yesterday (by Seasha?) in the wellness room and it looked interesting. Or if that is too big a jump then go back to the basics and get some fruit to snack on. And don't forget that water is a great way to fill full with no calories. Good luck with your goal this week .

I am glad to see that coffee is good for us - too bad that I don't like coffee as well as I like the creamer and sugar (splenda) .

Good luck to all of us this week .

Comment

Lost 0.4 lbs

Recent weights:
      09/06/18: 129.0 lbs
      08/30/18: 129.4 lbs

06/21/18: 136.4 lbs
      Last edited by Mamabug; 09-12-2018, 11:29 AM. Reason: Corrected a date
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Quick update

From 8/23 to 9/6 I was down 2.1 lbs from 221.5 to 219.4 I'll try to check in tomorrow if I remember to weigh myself!

Comment

Working...
        X