Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 8/23/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 8/23/18

Hi Everyone. HORRORS! I gained even more this week. I have completely lost control with my daughter in laws wonderful cooking. Every time I sit down to eat I vow I will not over indulge but I do not listen to myself. Today I ate a moderate brunch and am trying to steel myself for the big meal of the day. I am determined to load up on salad with little dressing. I will try to eat slowly and not have seconds. I must not eat anything after dinner. My thinking is in the right place, now I just need to follow through.

My weight is even more up from last week. Part of the problem involves increase in fluid but most is due to overeating. No one is to blame but myself. I weighed 121.5 this morning which puts me four pounds over last week’s weight. That puts me 6.5 pounds over my goal weight of. 115 lbs. I will try to lose a pound this week.

Agate, sorry to miss you this week and hope everything is ok.

Mamabug, Great loss. Your new method is working wonders for you. If you stick to it you will weigh exactly what you want to weigh in no time. Keep up the great work.

Hsmaldo, that is good that in the last month you have remained “fairly stable” especially with so much going on in your life. The horse shows are quite a commitment. I hope all went well with your appointment regarding your antidepressant. That is great that your parents are coming for an extended visit. Best wishes.

Msgijo, sorry about your gain but it is small and you will no doubt get back on track in no time. Think of your good history. Thank you for the encouragement regarding my new living situation. I really appreciate it. Think of your successes.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you and hope all is well. I hope the season is treating you well.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 16 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Question your cravings

"Before you eat, ask yourself, 'Am I hungry?' Unless a craving comes from hunger, eating won't satisfy it."

—Michelle May, MD, author of Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

1.8 pounds by one member. Congratulations for a great loss. May we all be in this column next week.

Total Gain:

7.1 pounds by 3members. This is not one of our stellar weeks mostly thanks to yours truly. May we all be in the Loss column this coming week.

Stayed The Same:

0 members stayed the same. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

4130.4 is the total weight loss for the past 16+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

Lost 0.8 lbs

Recent weights:
    08/23/18: 129.8 lbs
    08/16/18: 130.6 lbs
    08/09/18: 132.4 lbs

06/21/18: 136.4 lbs

Yay! I'm in the 120's. Have lost some in my waist too, and my face looks thinner.
    Goal: about 122 lbs.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I'm down .2 lbs from 221.7 to 221.5.

Hubby is recovering well and is mowing the lawn (on the riding mower!) right now! I feel bad because it's something that theoretically I can do, but realistically, the vibration of the mower does a number on me and messes me up a little bit. Even using the electric shaver to give him a haircut bothers me, but that doesn't take too long to do.

My dr's appointment went very well--she didn't even approach the topic of me going off the medication. She asked how it was working for me and we discussed a few things, she listened to my concerns and we came up with a few ideas. She'll see me again in January. All that worry and anxiety for nothing!

I am meeting with a new counselor tonight. It's something that my old dr had suggested, so I wanted to follow up with that. She sounds nice and I hope that we can establish a rapport so I can add her to my medical care team.

Overall, things are well. I've started walking with my coworker again since the weather has cooled a little bit. This is helping me a little. We do about a mile on our morning and/or afternoon break. It's nice to get out of the office for a little bit!

Karen, sorry to hear about the gain. Adjusting to a new environment (with a new cook!) may take awhile. Maybe you can employ your daughter in law's help with your dietary goals (larger salad, smaller portions)? Maybe even using a smaller dinner plate? I hope you're able to find something that works well for you!

Comment

lost 2.2 pounds

8/16 122.6
        8/23 120.4

No grand plan to follow - I have simply been too busy to eat. And I haven't been taking the thyroid medicine. I am feeling mostly good and sleeping well so I will continue to push it until things go south again. The headache is still lingering, but not as bad as it was. I will have blood work again next week and see the Endo the following week.

hsmaldo - Great loss ! Glad to hear that all of your worrying was for nothing. Hope that the new counselor works out as well. All in all it sounds like you are getting into a nice workable routine with walks during work breaks. Nice to hear that things are going well for you!

Mamabug - AWESOME ! Way to go - 120's! Keep up the momentum!

ShrinkKaren - Good week (even with a gain) ! A smaller dinner plate sounds like a great idea! But consider this also - it could be that your DIL is working against your goals in a belief that you are too skinny and she is trying to 'HELP" you gain some weight. I agree with hsmaldo - have a talk with her so that you two are not working on different goals.
        On a side note - If you know that water retention is causing you to have gains, why can you not wear the compression stockings all of the time? I am asking what may be a very stupid question because I really don't know about them. I have noticed (or rather my husband noticed) that my ankles swell sometimes but the doctor didn't seem too concerned (they were not swollen when I saw him). I guess I am wondering because the last time you mentioned them you had lost to below your goal weight just from wearing them.
        Not sure whom to attribute it to but "Getting old ain't for sissies!"...

Hope that everyone has a great week .

Comment

Sorry I've been MIA. Paperwork details and routine medical appointments have kept me much too busy!

I weigh 119 now, which is what I weighed last time I reported here. It's hovering at 118 though. The scales wavers between 118 and 119 and won't settle at either one.

A smaller plate is often recommended for people who want to lose, isn't it? I've been using a dessert-size plate for all meals for years. On the smaller plate it looks as if I'm getting a huge amount of food. Less dishwashing too.
          MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

Working...
          X