Enablex for neurogenic bladder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enablex for neurogenic bladder

Has anyone ever tried this? I've never even heard of it before today. After I just got up last night 5 times to pee, I finally decided to call my neuro's office to see about a change in meds. I've been taking Oxybutynin for a while but quit a month ago when it totally quit working. Once the pharmacy gets it in stock, I'll be trying Enablex. I sure hope it at least somewhat helps. I'm so sick of peeing all the time.
    Diagnosed 1/4/13
    Avonex 1/25/13-11/14, Gilenya 1/22/15

Hi. I was prescribed Enablex for my bladder retention. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. As a matter of fact, I was just prescribed Oxybutynin ER (15 mg) on Thursday. I'm hoping that it gives me some relief. Good luck to you.

Comment

I haven't tried it but am really struggling with this problem also. Let us know how it works for you!

Comment

The first couple nights I took it, I was only up once in the middle of the night. Then I was right back to 4-6 times a night peeing again. This is really weird, but I quit taking it and I've only been getting up once, maybe twice since I stopped. I'm wondering if it was a total coincidence that my bladder calmed down those first couple nights because I'll go through phases where I do well and then it gets really bad again.

I'm not giving up hope just yet. He did say if this doesn't work for me that he's got another idea that's going a totally different route. I think I'm going to wait until it gets bad again though before calling. I may even try the Enablex one more time to see if it calms down again, and then I'll see about the other med.

I hope the oxybutynin works for you. It did for me in the beginning, and then as soon as my pharmacy switched brands, it no longer worked at all. I guess just like everything else, some people will do really well and others won't be affected at all.
        Diagnosed 1/4/13
        Avonex 1/25/13-11/14, Gilenya 1/22/15

Comment

Working...
        X