Anyone like me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone like me?

I've had MS for 17 yrs., SP for last 12. I'm 51 and totally bedridden or dependent on mobility chair. I had colostomy 4 yrs. ago due to chronic, debilitating constipation. (It was a blessing.) I have total urinary incontinence and my husband caths me at bedtime to keep me dry for much of the night. I wear disposable briefs 24/7 and I have CNA's to help me during the day while hubby is at work. My question is would you recommend surgery for permanent urinary collection? My life is greatly altered due to my circumstances. My urologist is not terribly eager to do surgery. I trust his judgement, but thought I would ask.

i would say go for it if it makes your quality of life better for you and does not put you in any danger and if it has risks just weigh the risks with the help of your physician. good luck.

Comment

bosoxer, I'm not like you. My version of MS has profoundly changed my life, but I'm not bed riddden.

My only suggestion is to consider if it's 'radical' surgery, and if it's possible that permanent urinary collection surgery will improve your quality of life.

Link for info about this type of surgery:

http://pennstatehershey.adam.com/con...=10&gid=000050

Surgical issues are addressed if you scroll down the first page.

Comment

Working...
      X