Bladder incontinence just got worse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bladder incontinence just got worse

So, I've had urine retention and stress incontinence for a while now. It hasn't been so bad just a little leaking here and there if I exercise, cough, or laugh. Minor enough I can deal with it. I even have some urgency, 90% of the time I make it to the bathroom in time without leaking. Not so bad, panty liner here and there. I can deal.

Today, was a different story though i hadn't drank very much water, so not a full bladder at all...I was just standing there talking to my friend, and out of nowhere I started feeling wet on my leg. I was just totally letting go! I clenched down as hard as I could as was able to stop it and ran to the bathroom, but by then the damage was done. My pants were totally wet! Not cool!

Besides wearing a pad every day, do meds work? What can I do? I'm only 31 and never had kids. I'm also in graduate school so I need to get this under control pronto.

Go to a urologist and go through the testing to see what is going on. Drugs do help but not so much if you are having overflow but the urologist will be able to work with you to find what you need.
    Also it is worse with a remission or bladder infection.

Comment

I wasn't able to get an appointment with my urologist for the rest of the year. But now I'm not so sure it's my MS. I had gone to my gynecologist cause I thought my IUD was misplaced. I've been having pain on my left lower abdomen for the last few weeks on and off. She ordered an ultrasound which I got last night, and she emailed me this morning telling me I have an ovarian cyst. I read that if the cyst is large enough it can cause overflow incontinence. Yay me! Another medical issue to add to the list.

Comment

Working...
      X