X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carolinemf
    replied
    hi sdherring,
    can you say the reason why this has been suggested?
    If you definitely don't want any more children etc and this is for fibroids or cancer a hysterectomy rather than mirena would be my preference.

I had a hysterectomy 7 yrs ago but still have my overies.
    Fibroids,pain and excessive bleeding for many years.
    Tried several other alternatives and was almost as frustrating a road to travel as getting a diagnosis for ms.
    Hystorectomy - the best thing i have ever done.

Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• ldwestmo
    replied
    IUD successful so far

I had the IUD about 18 months ago and so far it is working fine for me. My main problem was excessive bleeding which made me SEVERELY iron anemic. I was having iron infusions about every 4-6 months for a couple of years to try and get my iron levels up. My gyno suggested we try merina that should last for 5 years and maybe by that time I will reach menopause and periods will cease on their own. I have been blessed in the fact that although I have fibroid tumors, I didn't have much problem with pain from them. If I had been in a lot of pain I think I would have opted for the hysterectomy.

We'll see how things go after the 5 year mark - I may just be prolonging the inevitable. But, I thought it was worth a try . . .

Best wishes for whichever decision you make!

Leave a comment:

• sdherring
    started a topic Mirena or Hysterectomy????

Mirena or Hysterectomy????

My gynecologist has me trying to decide between Mirena or a hysterectomy, while waiting for my biopsy results. I am truthfully leaning towards hysterectomy, mainly because around 40% of women still end up doing it after 5 years of IUD. But my main question would be if you have used the IUD how did it work for you?
Working...
X