I have it all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have it all

Almost from the beginning of my MS ride I have all of the of the problems associated with the area between the mid stomach to the mid thigh.

Lets start with taking my Avonex shots. I could take them in my upper thigh without any pain at all. If I put the shot lower towards my knee, it hurt from when I started the needle through the skin until I was done.

I also have consipation but I take Miralax daily to regulate the consistancy of the movement. I have little to no knowlage of when I need to go. This has caused me many messes that my wife needs to help me clean up afterword. That I stay home when I feel like I MIGHT need to go.

Going pee is just as bad. I wear an adult diper when I leave the house because I have ten to fifteen seconds when I need to go. When I am at the house and am sitting down to go, I listen to the water drop splashes because I can not feel when I go.

Sexual response is the same as going pee. I can not feel any response to touch. It is difficult to keep a state of arousal when you don't feel anything.

This has been going on for eight years now. I would like to find something that could change this.

Yes; MS "gifts" us with many symptoms. And, takes away many things.

I have my own list. Not fun, right?
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

not a fun list at all!

it's embarrassing when you can't feel that you're about to pee.
      as a woman, i've resorted to maxi pads so i wouldn't have to wear diapers. but i'm sure my day will come.

it's definitely not fun to not feel anything in your pelvis area. not too great on marriage.
      i pray that your wife is very understanding.

when i get bummed about all that MS hasn't taken away, i try to think of the things i still have- like my sight, ability to type, still eat & swallow (even though inside of mouth and throat are numb), etc,

maybe an 'i can' list would help you! i read about the problems that so many here have and am grateful for not having those and that i'm usually able to get along alright with what's on my list.
      hang in there!

take care & God bless ya!
      "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Maybe your doc could prescribe some meds that would help with symptom management.

The DMD's won't help with that, but there might be other meds out there that could.

A couple of symptom management meds that I take are one for frequent night-time urination, and a PRN med for when I have trouble sleeping.
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

It must be bluddy awful when you can't feel anything, and the floodgates open. It's not much fun when you know you have to go, right here, right now, and you can't do a thing to stop it, either.
          I can still have orgasms (yay me) but my interest in the whole rigmarole of sex is not particularly high these days.

Can you feel anything in the penis department?
          If the trouble is maintaining an erection, then there are drugs that will do that for you.
          But if you're not getting any fun out of it, then there are vibrating alternatives that might keep your wife happy. Might help you, too.

Comment

Working...
          X