Where do you buy prelubed caths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do you buy prelubed caths

I went to Binson's medical supply, mind you this is my first time buying. They sent me home with caths that weren't lubed (can you say ouch?!?!) They said that was the only kind they had. So does anyone have a secret source? My urologist gave me samples that look like tampons before they are opened and they are prelubed to trial, I want those!
    Thanks

mm, my home are nurse provided Caths plus small packers of lube. I just had to rip the package open and put the catheter in.

Just another option if you can't find what you are looking for.

Comment

Pre-lubed Caths

Hi. You can contact Byram Healthcare for the catheters that you mentioned. Liberator also supplies them. I don't have their phone numbers handy. But, you can find them on the web.

Comment

I've seen a TV commercial for Liberator Medical that shows the type you are talking about.

In order to use catheters that aren't lubricated, KY Jelly is an option. There are others, but I don't know how readily available they are.

Mine aren't pre-lubed, so did need to use a water-based jelly (don't recall the brand). I was given sample packs, then a tube of it from my urologist. But at first, it still hurt and needed to use a numbing jelly (lidocaine gel) instead of a lubricant. It really helped me, so might be something to ask your doctor about. (You would need a prescription).

As hard as this may be to believe right now, many women don't even need lubricant. That eventually became the case for me.

They don't only come in one size, either. You can always go down a size (Fr. #) if it continues to be a problem for you.

Here's some more information you might find helpful: http://www.underactivebladder.org/in...ization-basics

Best of luck,
        Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Prelubed caths

Try Express Medical. They are all fairly expensive. I keep in my purse for when I'm out and about, and just use regular caths at home.

http://www.exmed.net/p-3721-cure-twi...atheter-6.aspx

Comment

I get Coloplast Speedicaths from Binson's.

They gave me a story about how they only have the unlubed kind, and reimbursement, a whole song and dance. I called Northwoods DME that handles medical supply claims for BCBSM and they approved me for Speedicaths.

Then, the Binson's location in Livonia kept giving me a hard time. They got the order wrong several times, it was absurd.
            They even just invented some story about how they could give me the size I wanted (and for which my "DAW" scrip was written) because it isn't "standard." Pure invention.

I ended up getting them from the Royal Oak location and have had no further problems.

I did need to have my urologist write out a scrip for the exact hydropholic ones that worked best for me and mark it "DAW" (dispense as written) to get them covered.

Comment

Originally posted by mm247 View Post
              I went to Binson's medical supply, mind you this is my first time buying. They sent me home with caths that weren't lubed (can you say ouch?!?!) They said that was the only kind they had. So does anyone have a secret source? My urologist gave me samples that look like tampons before they are opened and they are prelubed to trial, I want those!
              Thanks
              you should be able to find them where durable medical store, at least mine carries them.
              get some lube, ky or store brand, whatever is available
              hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
              volunteer
              MS World
              hunterd@msworld.org
              PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Working...
              X