Botox bladder injection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Botox bladder injection

Well after every invasive test that can be done on a bladder, my urologist told me that the bladder control pills (Enablex 15 mg) are no longer enough. She had me go to the hospital, put me under general anesthesia and injected 200mg of Botox into my bladder (from the inside)-yesterday. I never felt or knew a thing, fast asleep and quick. The procedure takes about 15 to 20 minutes.
    Anyone else ever have Botox? The Dr. said it will be 2 weeks until I get the full effects. I am hoping for fewer UTI's and stopping the Enablex.
    All is well,
    Alison

I've had it done twice. It was like an epiphany for me.

I knew where every bathroom in every store in town was.

I know that there are others here that have had it done with success also and I hope they share their stories.

Here's hoping it works great for you!!!

Comment

I've had it (3 times). It has been life changing (in a good way) for me. Had it done in the Dr. office with local anaesthetic. I do have to self-cath but I was already doing that anyways. Hope you have great results!

Comment

Botox Injections

After trying every bladder medication, my Urologist suggested Botox injections. I was really positive and looking forward to the results.

There was absolutely no change. You see, I don't have a problem with leakage or urgency or frequency. My problem is bladder retention. I now know, based on a discussion with my doctor's partner, discussion with another MS patient and reading the web, that Botox will not address my issue. As a matter of fact, there is currently no medication that helps that problem.

My Urologist now tells me that, "This doesn't make sense. I don't understand why your problem persists. I suggest you see a Urologist who works closely with MS patients." I am livid!!!! But, I have to stay focused on getting better and working with a better qualified doctor.

Oh, but I will not let this go. I will write a letter to express my concern, frustration and disappointment.

Has anyone found any solutions other than the use of catheters?

Comment

Working...
        X