Bubbles in bladder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bubbles in bladder

I have a supapubic catheter and are experencing bubbles in the catheter. Had a MRI because of severe pain of my pelvic area. Showed bubbles in the bladder with a possible reason as infection. Don't have signs of UTI. My nurse said she never heard of this. My doctor hasn't got back to me yet. Anyone out there experience this?

I'VE NOTICED AIR BUBBLES IN MY URINE TUBE

YES...I HAVE OFTEN SEEN BUBBLES PASSING ALONG MY
    TUBING ON THE WAY TO THE TANK...
    I DIDN'T THINK MUCH OF IT
    THOUGHT IT WAS NORMAL?
    I HAVE AN EXTERAL CONDOM CATH THING
    SO THAT MAY BE THE REASON SOME AIR GETS IN???
    IF NOT..THEN WE BOTH HAVE BLADDER PROBLEMS
    MS'ers may not all walk-- but, we can still roll along-so lets rock-n-roll as a power mobility group I do have an extra scooter & Powerchair The cat or my caregiver won't ride with me so maybe you could?

Comment

its normal to see bubbles of urine in the cath tubing, basically it just means you are not prodcing enough urine at that point in time to entirely fill the tubing. never heard of anything sinster in terms of bubbles in ones urine. my weird one recetl was that i noted that my catheter bags were going blue! it was faint at first and as i had gym pants on that were navy i thought it was the dye from the favric but then noted as the color darkened it was on the inner surfaces of the bags, where the is direct contact with urine. my urine had been a bit smelly and i probably had a bit of an infection but my urologist had always said if we did not get other symptoms suh as pain and fever, don't rush for antibiotics as the risk of building resistance is very real, she said that it is normal to have some degree of bacteria in urine with long term catheters simply because of the foreign body. Anyway, i was due for a cath change so i contacted my nurse and told her about it and she said it was called blue urine bag syndrome, and was caused by the precence of certain bacteria. i googled it as i have been an RN for 30 yrs and had never seen it, lo and behold i found several articles. I ewnt to my gp and he decided to put me on antibiotics and it got rid of the blue staining. not a big deal but just a strange story- sorry for the hi-jack

Comment

Working...
      X