Lymph glad swelling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lymph glad swelling

I don't know if this is a symptom of MS or something else. Every now and then I get a painful spot that turns red near my hip/groin area. I looked it up on line and it looks like my lymph nodes are swelling. They say it is a sign of infection or inflamation somewhere. I was just wondering if anyone has had any lymph trouble before a flare. I am always looking for signs when an episode is going to happen since I am new to all of this. When I first was diagnosed, I woke up and I had lost vision in my left eye. Scared me so much. When something else happens I wonder if this is it - what now? I don't want to be living my life anticipating something to happen.
    "A candle looses nothing from lighting anoher candle".

Lymph Nodes

Lymph nodes clear infections. The ones in my neck were always somewhat swollen. ( You could feel them) all the time when I was young.
    I don't know when the swelling went away. They aren't swollen now.
    They can swell with any infection both viral and bacterial.
    Don't know if they would signal a relapse or not.
    techie
    Another pirated saying:
    Half of life is if.
    When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
    Dogs Rule!

Comment

A person should never be able to feel the lymph nodes in the groin or hip areas (inguinal lymph nodes), let alone see them. If you are able to feel them, it should definitely be checked out by a doc.
      It's not fatigue. It's a Superwoman hangover.

Comment

inguinal lymph nodes (groin)

I've had MS for 10 years and have been taking Tysabri for the past 3. I have never had inguinal lymph nodes that I could feel and see as they are that swollen. I've also read that they are linked to an infection in the legs and/or groin area. Did you find anything out? My GP just put me on an antibiotic but I'm going to call my neurologist also to let him know.. Hope it doesn't interfere with my monthly Tysabri coming.

Comment

This is a blanket refer out for lymphedema therapists. While working, if the therapist can feel the inguinal lymph nodes, the person needs their doc to check it out before proceeding further. The causes can range from infections to more serious conditions.
          It's not fatigue. It's a Superwoman hangover.

Comment

Working...
          X