MS and Menstruation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

menstral cycle

Okay so last week Friday at noon exactly I get sharp pains in my back. I thought maybe kidney pain because it was in that area. No urination issues drinking plenty of water I was completely baffled. The first thing you want to do is blame MS so I try really hard not to.

I drank extra water an no relief. I think okay maybe a gas bubble.. I had cabbage the day before,so I take a couple gas relief remedies. No relief.

Saturday I finally give up and go to emergency. I can't sit or lay down plus it hurts to walk or stand. I'm in a bad place. I get muscle relaxers and IB which seemed to help enough for me to go to sleep.

Sunday morning. I get a visit from bloody Mary..WTH...
    limbo land for 1 year and 4 months DX February 2012 Copaxon February 2012 for 6 months. No DMD's since.

Comment

i feel incredibly fatigued most of the time but even worse the week before i'm due. My periods have been irregular but the feelings associated with menstruation are all still there. I have extreme pain and tenderness in my back, feet, hips and what feels like my bones and is very much exaserbated by my cycle. I wish i knnew what to do to ease this.

Comment

[QUOTE=Whimpurr;1393948]
        Originally posted by Fed Up View Post
        The biggest side effect is Stroke: We have enough problems.

I'd refuse any needless medication.

When I was 53, I requested an Ablation, to stop all possibilities of menstration. A decision my gynocologist and I made. I have never regretted that decision. fed up[/QUOTE

I had a thermal ablation about 5 or 6 years ago and until the past couple of years when my MS symptoms began, I never even thought of my cycles. However, now I have cramps again and my MS symptoms are at their worst. I get "flairs" every 3 to 4 weeks now with my cycle.
        I could have written your post for you! I had an ablation about 7 years ago and until my MS symptoms started about 3 years ago, I completely forgot about my cycles. NOW, I have cramps, mood swings and bowel issues as well as an increase in MS symptoms every time and it is gradually affecting nearly 3 out of 4 weeks per month.
        MS - diagnosed 2/05/2013

Comment

My neurologist offered the pill for my MG, since he said that the link between the menstrual cycle and MG was well documented. That said, it is during my period when I feel BEST. My more recent symptoms that cannot be explained by MG (why I am here) are also worse before my period. Body temperature drops for the onset of menstruation, so that would explain a lot. I think taking the pill would only make my life more like it is when I am PMS, but that might not be correct.

Comment

Yes same her! I feel best on my period also -- increased energy and strength!

Comment

It is well documented that with each cycle can come an increase in MS symptoms. I would get a pseudoexacerbation with each period. EVERY MONTH! It gave me increased numbness, tingling, pain with my TN. Ridiculous. I went on Depo and all of that nonsense stopped. I feel much better. Best of luck to you ladies-it can definitely affect your MS.

Lisa
              Moderation Team
              Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
              SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
              Tysabri

Comment

Week before period was bad and week of awful. I get the depo provera shot now too and has really helped. Your hormones swinging must affect the ms.

Comment

I got a Mirena IUD due to heavy periods (I'm also nearing menopause ) and it's been great! It's good for 5 years, by which time I will have moved on to Crone-hood.
                  ~Kim in NV~ Dx RRMS on the Spring Equinox 2008 , at age 44. *Aubagio* That which does not kill us only makes us stronger

Comment

Working...
                  X