Daughter's birthday and flaring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daughter's birthday and flaring

My daughter's ten year old birthday party is tomorrow night and I'm so dizzy and unsteady I can't get anything done! Feel so rundown! Zero energy! It is literally all I can do to breath at times!

This all started with a numb cheek, then progressed to dizziness and "dragging" myself around. I've also become suddenly depressed and very irritable.

My neck hurts, my back hurts, and, when I woke up this morning I had to have help to turn over! It was like my back was "stuck" so that I could not move! My 12 year old son had to grab an arm and a leg to help me turn over! Nearly scared him to death! Been walking strange since then. Sort of spastic like, legs not really working together?

My poor baby! I hope and pray God gives me the strength and endurance to get through her party. Then I'm gonna crash.

Guess I just needed to whine...
    Jesi
    Dx: unsure
    Rx: Celexa, propranolol, prilosec, meclizine, fioricet, zofran, benadryl

Good Luck

I'm sorry you're going though a rough patch, it makes it worse that it's your daughters birthday. I've missed field trips, and even parent teacher conferences because of my MS, it makes me feel like such a bad parent!

My kids are great and understand (most of the time)and it seems we are always a lot harder on ourselfs than others.

Good luck and Happy Birthday to your little girl!
    Jessica
    Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that amateurs built the Ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

JESI,

I WOULD SAY IT IS TIME TO BRING IN THE TROOPS. YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO IT ALONE. FIND A FRIEND OR ANOTHER FAMILY MEMBER WHO CAN COME ALONGSIDE YOU AND HELP YOU GET THE DETAILS DONE FOR THE PARTY.

YOU, NEED REST, PEACE AND LOTS OF COOL, FLUID TO HELP YOU THRU THIS TIME. REMEMBER WE ARE ALL HERE EVEN IF WE CANNOT BE THERE PHYSICALLY TO ASSIST YOU.
      This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Have a great day, Leola

Comment

Thank you!

Took your advice and called my sister-in-law to the rescue. She was such a big help and the party was great success!

My daughter is really understanding as well (more than a 10 year old probably should be). But I still feel like she's being cheated out of a lot.

I'm feeling better today, but really dizzy. My daughter developed a cold over night, so she's sick on her birthday

Thanks again!
        Jesi
        Dx: unsure
        Rx: Celexa, propranolol, prilosec, meclizine, fioricet, zofran, benadryl

Comment

yay

I'm glad is was good, that has become my motto "call in the backup" It's good to know other people who will come when things are wrong. Perhaps you got the cold first and that sparked the attack, or maybe the stress of the party did you in. Either way I'm glad things worked out for the best for you!
          Time is but a name we give to the passing moments of life, it is these moments that hold all the meaning.

Comment

Yes there are things you miss because you do not feel well. I have found people that are willing to help me out and have to call them in to help out.

your comment about
            My daughter is really understanding as well (more than a 10 year old probably should be). But I still feel like she's being cheated out of a lot.
            I would think that too but I have 4 kids that are the most mature and understanding kids. Yes they had to deal with their Moms MS but in the goal of our raising children to be responsible adults they are much more so as they were forced to be at a young age.

Mine range from 18 to 30 and I am proud of them all and the maturity they all show. And they show more compassion and are willing to lend people a hand when they see that someone needs it -- they are just more aware of that kind of thing.

I am glad you got though the party with the help of the troops remember that many people are clueless as to how they can help you so if we give them something specfic they be there for you.

Comment

Working...
            X