return to work after maternity leave?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

return to work after maternity leave?

I am currently on maternity leave from work and considering staying home full time with my new little one. Part of the reason is how tired I am with my daughter now and how tired I was while working before she arrived....I can't imagine what it will be like working and having her.

Has anyone had this situation and what did you do?

I have gone back to work after having both of my children. It is rough!! I was lucky enough to have 4 months off after my first and 6 months off after my second. This might sound like I am being a terrible mother, but sometimes going to work is a break! I think parenting is the hardest, and most satisfying job in the world. But for me, I like to get out and be with other adults. I am also lucky enough to still be able to work and will continue to as long as I physically can. Only you can make this decision. I sleep well at night, when my son does not wake me with the decisions I have made.

Comment

Work or home

When I had my kids I went back to school/work and I totally agree that sometimes it is a break!

However now that all my kids are teens, I look back and would give anything to have stayed home with them!

Could you work part time?
      Jessica
      Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that amateurs built the Ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Well, I decided to stay home....I did offer my employer that I would help with special projects, but this has not happened. Part of the decision came from visiting an excellently rated daycare, which broke my heart seeing the kids...

Comment

Working...
        X