son diag. march 31 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

son diag. march 31 2010

hi its dylans mom and wanted to give an update. evidently dylan never had ms his problem was reoccurant tm. in march 2010 saw spots brain dr. thought maybe ms, instead of reoccurant tm. by july 1st after spending at least 2 weeks in may and june in hospital we lost our battle. dylan passed away july 18,2010. the tm kick his butt. this last episode took 70% of his lung function away.i had 2 weeks to decide to trach and feeding tube. dylan was autistic. the thought of taking away the only thing left he enjoyed which was eatting i couldn't do. i didn't want him laying in nursing home just so i could keep him with me.just wanted to update everyone who talked with me and helped me so much to deal with all wonderful medical issues. i still pray everyday for a cure to these awful diseases. THEY HAVE TO BE STOPPED!!!!!! thanks for everything and god bless you all.

laurie dylans mom

Oh, Laurie, I am SO sorry for your loss.
    “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
    Diagnosed 1979

Comment

DEAR LAURIE

I'M NEW TO MS AND JUST STARED READING YOUR THREAD. I'M SO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS.

Comment

Dearest Laurie, I am reading your post with tears rolling down my face. My heart breaks for you. We replied to each other several times, I'm the other mom of the son with autism on this site. What you have been through must have been unbelievably hard. How many times I have wondered what I would do if ever in your position. I can completely empathize with your decision. May God Bless you and give you peace. You gave your son the strongest and purest of love until the end. You are truly an angel amongst mothers.
        Cathy

Comment

Sorry for your loss

Just wanted to say that I am so sorry for your loss.
          "Focusing on what I CAN do and not what I can't do."

Comment

i have no words of comfort besides i am so sorry for your loss. and i know he is in a better place
            Learn from yesterday
            Live for today
            Hope for tomorrow

Comment

Working...
            X