X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ejonesbowlie

Originally posted by ejonesbowlie View Post
    Christopher,

Bless you for all that you did for your brother. I have no doubt that you were a great comfort to him. I too am diagnosed PPMS. It is a nasty diagnosis, but I do try and remain hopeful that my progression will be slow. As you had mentioned, everyone's journey with this disease is different.

I know that you are struggling with this disease as well and for that I am truly sorry

Do keep us posted on how you are doing. This board really is great for support and resources.

Beth
    Thank you for your special words. I'm sorry for you also, we are all in the same boat and my prayers are with you. I'll share a hug with you. Thank you again.

Comment

JulesA

Originally posted by Jules A View Post
      I'm sorry for your loss.
      Thank You.

Comment

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I was diagnosed with MS in 2009. My mom was diagnosed in 1993. It is very difficult to watch someone else in your family suffer severely with the same disease.

Prayers to you.

Comment

xmsbehavinx

Originally posted by xmsbehavinx View Post
          I'm so very sorry for your loss. I was diagnosed with MS in 2009. My mom was diagnosed in 1993. It is very difficult to watch someone else in your family suffer severely with the same disease.

Prayers to you.
          Before my diagnosis, I use to pray to God, asking him to take the MS from my brother and give it to me. My brother had so much life in him before MS, and my life was only average. It didn't seem fair that he had MS and how it destroyed all of his dreams. In 1995 I was diagnosed with MS and it always made be think about maybe God gave me some of his pain, so my brother didn't have to bear all of it by himself. If God did this to me, it is okay with me, my brothers last years seemed to be less painful. I know this may sound crazy, but i have to try to make "sense" of the whole thing. I hope you get this reply, because I'd like to hear how you related to your diagnoses.

Comment

Christopher,
            Your brother was very fortunate to have the type of loving support you gave him, I'm so sorry for your loss.
            Tina
            "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
            Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

Originally posted by ChristopherG View Post
              Before my diagnosis, I use to pray to God, asking him to take the MS from my brother and give it to me. My brother had so much life in him before MS, and my life was only average. It didn't seem fair that he had MS and how it destroyed all of his dreams. In 1995 I was diagnosed with MS and it always made be think about maybe God gave me some of his pain, so my brother didn't have to bear all of it by himself. If God did this to me, it is okay with me, my brothers last years seemed to be less painful. I know this may sound crazy, but i have to try to make "sense" of the whole thing. I hope you get this reply, because I'd like to hear how you related to your diagnoses.
              My mom has no pain with her MS. Her MS was always very invisible until more recently when she became completely dependent on a wheelchair and a catheter 24/7. Now that I have been diagnosed, I have it very rough. I have been in miserable pain 24/7 since 2008 and it's only getting so much worse.. just when I think it can't, it does! And now, the massive muscle spasms have started, oy!

Anyway.. I often tell my mom how I understand her 'complaints' more. She often looked just fine when she said she needed help. I wished I had been there for her more. I wish I had been more compassionate. Understanding. Now, I almost feel as if I'm being punished for not being supportive of my mother. Weird hey? and now, I feel alone. Nobody understands. Most of the time, I look ok. I try to hide a lot of my pain because I have younger children and now a grandson.

I hope that made sense. I worry my children will get MS

Comment

There are no words...

to convey how truly sorry I feel for your loss. I do know what it's like to lose a brother; we were barely 2 years apart and I felt like I lost my childhood as well as my beloved brother. His death was not due to ms- I cannot imagine how alone you feel when you feel like you can't share with your parents
                Christopher, I cannot emphasize enough how crucial it is that you talk to someone. We are not designed to carry burdens like this alone. Contact your local ms society if you are worried about talking to a friend or family member; it's a start. Please keep coming back here for support as well. Sweetie, the best thing that you can do for your parents is to TAKE CARE OF YOU!
                Sending you (+) thoughts and you are in my prayers.
                Be Well[COLOR="#0000CD"][/COLOR HUGS Shalom, Suzanne]
                You never fail, until you stop trying__Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                X