Daughter Diagnosed - Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daughter Diagnosed - Help Please

My daughter diagnosed recently - finally got some detailed info from Dr - she has 6 brain lesions on her frontal lobe. She is severely fatigued, forgetful, anxious, moody, among other things. She has Systemic Lupus and Raynauds too. And she has a beautiful 3 year old daughter and limited help.. I don't know what to do for her = hardly any Dr's who treat the medical problems she has don't take her insurance. I feel helpless and she needs guidance. Does anyone else know about frontal lobe lesions? How serious is this? I think her Dr thinks she is 23 and does not give her all of the answers she is looking for. Thanks for listening - I am so frustrated too - so glad I found this site. Blessings -

luckyone326 sorry to hear about your daughter. Sounds like she is dealing with a lot. Have you tried to get in touch with her insurance company to find out what dr's are in her network.

On the back on my insurance card it has the web site and once i registered with the site it listed all dr's and their specialty in the area.

I am unsure of the seriousness of frontal lobe lesions but from my understanding is that spinal cord lesions tend to cause more physically disabling problems than brain lesions. They are all problematic and I hope that your daughter begins to feel better soon and get the needed help.

I hope others post with more information for you.
    "Therefore we do not give up, but even if the man we are outside is wasting away, certainly the man we are inside is being renewed from day to day." 2 Cor. 4:16

Comment

Frontal Lobe Lesions

Here is a good list of what the frontal lobe controls and what CAN be affected (remember-these are possibilities NOT certainties):

Frontal Lobe: Most anterior, right under the forehead.

Functions:
      How we know what we are doing within our environment (Consciousness).
      How we initiate activity in response to our environment.
      Judgments we make about what occurs in our daily activities.
      Controls our emotional response.
      Controls our expressive language.
      Assigns meaning to the words we choose.
      Involves word associations.
      Memory for habits and motor activities.

Observed Problems:
      Loss of simple movement of various body parts (Paralysis).
      Inability to plan a sequence of complex movements needed to complete multi-stepped tasks, such as making coffee (Sequencing).
      Loss of spontaneity in interacting with others.
      Loss of flexibility in thinking.
      Persistence of a single thought (Perseveration).
      Inability to focus on task (Attending).
      Mood changes (Emotionally Labile).
      Changes in social behavior.
      Changes in personality.
      Difficulty with problem solving.
      Inablility to express language (Broca's Aphasia).

I am sorry to hear of your daughter's troubles. She is very lucky to have such a caring parent as you to look out for her.

Best,
      Rosie
      Dx'd Dec '07. Transverse Myelitis May '07, Optic Neuritis Oct '07/ 1 old large lesion/3 bands in CSF/ Rebif Jan '08
      CCSVI Scans @ Hubbard Foundation Jun '10: CCSVI dx July '10

Comment

Thank you for the information - it is so helpful! It really explains her personality and learning issues for many years. She has been having issues since 3rd grade with spontaneous bruising, memory problems, emotional ups and downs, decision making issues, etc. She has been to so many Dr's but no one ever diagnosed till I pushed for her to be checked for Lupus - which she does have but I did not know anything about MS. Life is a learning process! Thanks again - Blessings Kimberly

Comment

Working...
        X