How can I help motivate my boyfriend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I help motivate my boyfriend

My bf was recently dx with MS. He was looking for a job before his dx with no luck. Now with this devastating news I feel like finding a job has understandably been put aside. I am very understanding and I know this is a stressful time and I don't want to cause any more stress, however I know he would be happier if he was working. I don't know how to bring up/suggest starting the job search again because I don't want to sound like I'm nagging. He wants to move out of his mother's house because of disagreements they have, but how is he to do this without an income?! I just want to find a way to bring this up while still being the understanding gf I want to me

Hi,
    I can't imagine not kicking the work schedule into high gear for as long as possible with a diagnosis like MS. Although I have to admit I come from a family where work ethic is a most valued quality so I am working as much as I can and saving money for the inevitable rainy days that will come my way thanks to MS.

Something to consider is how motivated was he to work prior to getting his diagnosis. If not so much and living with Mom in a less than nice situation sounds like not so much to me. It is possible that your suggestion will likely fall on deaf ears.

Good luck.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

Working...
    X