Advice? Wisdom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice? Wisdom?

I'm tired of "playing the role of me" in my life. Some days it's just too exhausting. Today is one of them. Any words of wisdom?
    Jen
    RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
    "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

No real words of wisdom. I keep reminding myself that I don't get any do-overs, that I'm not a cat with 9 lives and my body will work properly for the next 8.

That's all, really. Make the most of what you've got.

::hugs::
    Aitch - Writer, historian, wondermom. First symptoms in my teens, DX'd in my twenties, disabled in my thirties. Still the luckiest girl in the world.

Comment

Thanks for the reminder Aitch, I was having a rubbish day which, compared to lots of MSers, is still pretty good. I'm kind of embarrassed that I posted this in the first place, some days I could get an Academy Award though... "best actress in the role of Jen... Is Jen!"
      RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
      "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Husband's Walking is going away

My husband, for the past three months, is having a hard time walking. He absolutely won't go to the Dr., PT, Acupunture, Massage, etc. I've tried to talk tough to him and tried to go easy but now I'm starting to get frustrated.

I know when he's unable to get around by himself that a change will have to be made. We live on a large lot that he maintains. It's been good for him to have something to do. He has a lawn tractor to help. Now if he gives up I know we'll have to move, most likely to a big city to be near our kids. Neither one of us wants to leave the rural area where we live.

How do we make this decision. When is it time? I'm overwhelmed today and wanted to vent. My friends, well meaning, always end with "think how your husband must feel." They don't realize that living full time with a MS patient that's all I think about is my husband and how he feels. Their statement makes me feel like I'm not doing enough and I start beating myself up.

Ok, I'll stop venting. It's hard to write through tears anyway.
        Husband Dx'd in 2006. Currently on Tysabri, Gabapentin, Ampyra, Baclofen..

Comment

For myself I am constantly reminding myself that ms is a life living disease not a life killing disease. Good luck.
          Tira

Comment

Working...
          X