my dad has lost all concept of reality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my dad has been diagnosed with ms since 1989, things were ok for awhile , my mom not being able to deal with the disease buried herself in work and everything else to "hide" from the reality , i was 9 and told that i had to grow up now cause dad was sick and i needed to look out for my sister ,i felt scared and alone , in my teenageyears i started rebelling i guess it was a cry for attention , the more and more i rebelled the less attention i got , this cycle happened until well into my 20's. i became a drug addict , had a abusive relationship and finally landed in jail. since 2004 i have changed drastically , no more drugs , no more jail , im married and have 3 kids, my problem now lays to the fact that 3 years ago while my family and i were living in az mom called and asked us to please come back she needed help with dad, biggest mistake i ever made was coming back, now dad is stuck on one topic my past.

he repeats himself over and over , out of nowhere has decided i need to divorce my husband , calls the police almost daily to have him removed from the home , he calls me the stupid ***** in front of my kids , the police believe that i am abusing him and when it all comes down my mother is nowhere to be found... we diddnt realize how bad the economy has become so its been immpossible getting jobs , weare now working retail etc.. far from we arenormally doing, my father degrades me from thetime i wake up til i go to bed,has seperated me from my husband he has always been controlling but im an adult he cannot script my life.. my mother backs him in fear he will turn on her, all family members and old friends have been pushed away..

i feel like i have nowhere to turn noonebelives me ..he ha**** me withhis wheelchair has said he hates me andcalls me everything immaginable , i dont want my kids growing up like i did . my father will not allowanyone to know his drs or anything about his progression and mom has issentally given up and chooses to live in the dark , she takes no innitiave to do anything.. i dont know what to do another episode happened awhile ago and he as usual called 911 he was advised to get a restraining order on me.. now i have 0 money , nowhere to go and he laughs at the fact that me , my husband and 2 of my kids will be homeless.. my oldest daughter he has decided can stay..and tellsher things like watch your mom when he leaves... i have no where to turn im so scared

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

Wow a lot on your plate

Hello

I only know about you what you have written but it made me want to pack you , your hubby and kids all up in a car and move you from your Mom and Dad - away .far away ..anywhere...

It sounds like you had good intentions coming home but it seems that those intentions are not being honoured at all by your folks -

you need to take care of YOUR family ( kids especially) ...put them ahead of your Mom and Dad's needs/wants and get out of there ASAP ( only my opinion from what you wrote).

good Luck whatever you decide to do
    Peace ~~ Kat

Comment

While I totally agree with kif8skip about getting out and rebuilding an independent life I'd also suggest you be honest with yourself and do some soul searching about how you got to where you are today.

I'm not doubting for one minute that your father is being emotionally abusive to you but your assertion that an entire family would abandon a stable life, move in with their parents and put up with abuse for years in an effort to "help" with your father's care really doesn't sound reasonable to me. I'm left wondering why you did not secure employment first and buy a home near your parents rather than moving everyone in with them and then stay there for years of maltreatment. I could be way off base but have to wonder if perhaps your family needed help also and it just isn't working out? No need to explain it to us here but just something to think about for your own growth and future strategy.

It sounds like you have overcome quite a bit in your life and unfortunately now is another time for you to be strong and rediscover your independence. You can definitely do it. Good luck.
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      Anonymous

Comment

I think you could considered renting an apartment from a personal owner? Many of the factors you are looking for in a position are available at the apartment buildings at Key Harbour and Cowpet Bay. You can check these out.

Comment

You have to get out of this abusive relationship, which has caused problems from the time you were young.

You have 3 children to take care of.
          Take care of yourself and your family.

Don't drag them into this situation.
          Have mom put dad in a home where he can get the proper care.

Comment

Originally posted by suziq38 View Post
            You have to get out of this abusive relationship, which has caused problems from the time you were young.

You have 3 children to take care of.
            Take care of yourself and your family.

Don't drag them into this situation.
            Have mom put dad in a home where he can get the proper care.

Dang, it sure sounds like Dad is hateful but I don't think that alone is criteria for sending him to a nursing home.

While I'm totally in favor of skilled care rather than burdening our families when we can't care for ourselves I seriously doubt removing this guy would fix everything wrong in this family.
            He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
            Anonymous

Comment

it will be totally fyn dnt worry

Comment

Working...
              X