Is there a forum for Singles with MS??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a forum for Singles with MS??

It seems like with my new dx everyone has scattered like roaches (pun intended lol). Folks wont even try to understand what it is im dealing with let alone ask questions. They jus make me feel isolated like I have an contagious illness.

Anyone else have this problem?

Im single and lonely not dead but people have made me like I asked this to happen to me!
    Dx: 10-5-12
    Began Avonex: 11-21-12

I had a problem, It was not called M.S.

It was, fibromyalgia/CFS, back surgeries, fake knees and carpel tunnel surgery. Refusing, many other surgeries.

I was completely down and out. I was on large dose's of routine opiates. I read on line about using cannabis and how it helped so many, in 2008. I spent 9 mos of 2007, recovering from complications of a knee implant. All I could do, is get on the internet, like this. My next door neighbor, did my grocery shopping and she has, scleraderma, which is pretty serious, much of the time.

So, I went to the cannabis forums, to learn how to use Cannabis to get off the pain meds. So long as, you are a decent person! And you must be.

I've found years of comfort and joy, with my on line patient friends. After successfully, getting off tons of meds. I became involved in the local activist community.

We do fun things. The collectives have sponsored trips and things to do for us. Just like here, real patients, help each other! I've been getting that help and support, there.

I'd be a real mess, right now, if it weren't for my cannabis community.

Oddly, I have not meet too many M.S. patients on line: Now, I know why!! But, the boards are full of compassionate caregivers, as well. Being in the activism, gives me a purpose and new activities, all the time. I did not use much cannabis, after I was off the opiates. Maybe a couple of times, last year.

M.S. and the common stigma, is not as bad as, years ago.

It might be, you are pushing people away, with your fears. I do that. I fear, I'll get close to someone and not be able to get out of bed (and that was when I thought I had Fibro/cfs and ortho/nuero probs). I have a few fellows, I enjoy on line. I have to KEEP it on line.

You won't have any problem. I know a site I go to, there are caregivers for several M.S. patients: The compassion, care and concern..is so over-whelming! Once you accept this, they will, easily!

And if, you are not pushing people away, well, this is just not the right time for you. I've found, relationships, have more to do with "timing," and when we are ready and the other person, is as well.

I've never been so happy, now living alone, with my dog! I don't have to cook, clean up or listen to anything, I don't want to! There are extreme, advantages! Up

Comment

fed up

I am really getting into the same boat that you are describing, with your pain relief. I'm trying to become passionate and active about the movement.

Could I every PM you to ask any questions about which forums you use to be active, etc, and where you are from? Out of curiousity, whether it is an enlightened state.

I'm going through a breakup, due to my need for medicine, and that it benefits me. I can't believe that a loved one would leave someone for taking a medicine that relieves his/her symptoms, and makes him/her feel better.

I really see myself going that route, so any and all information would be greatly appreciated.

I just have a cat, no dog though, :-)
      New study on vaping
      http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23237736
      *****BEST INFO BELOW*******
      http://pharmrev.aspetjournals.org/content/58/3/389.full
      http://ripatients.org/cms/uploads/File/MS/Clark_2004_MSandCannabis.pdf

Comment

Working...
      X