This is probably not the right place for me to discuss this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is probably not the right place for me to discuss this

Hey everyone, as I said this is probably not the right place, but I have to get this out. Maybe someone has some advice I have my girlfriend coming to stay this weekend with me, my dad, and stepmother. They have all met before. Only problem is my my stepmother can't stand her. So needless to say I am very nervous about what this weekend has in-store for me and her. Like I said sorry I know this is very off topic, but I had to get it out. If I say it to her she will get upset if I say it to my stepmother she will get mad.

I know this much....if you really like this girl you had better take her side if her and your stepmom start in arguing about something. If you want keep her in your life then she needs to know you will stand by her side. Hope this helps. Good Luck!!!

Comment

I'm a mom of 3 (21, 23 and 25) and a stepmom of 3 (16, 17 and 19). I don't want to sound mean but your stepmom needs to butt out of your relationship. I'm assuming your gf is not a horrible person and maybe she and your stepmom just didn't hit it off right away.

If you feel you must address this obviously sensitive topic, please speak up to your dad and have him talk to your stepmom. In my humble opinion and from personal experience, your stepmom needs to mind her own business in this case. You should not have to deal with her directly if it causes you or your gf to be upset.

I compare being a step parent to being in middle management... all of the responsibility but none of the authority! Both my husband and I know and live by this when it comes to each others' kids. Please inlist your dad to help you.
      Jen
      RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
      "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

why does your GF need to stay with you, your father and your stepmother?

Wouldn't that be uncomfortable for your GF?

If possible, book a hotel room and get some privacy and peace.

Comment

If you don't have any issue, then why did you bother about else???

Comment

Working...
          X