CHECK THIS OUT!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CHECK THIS OUT!!!

IF YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW IS SUFFERING WITH UPPER BODY SPASICITY, CHECK OUT http://www.disabled-world.com THIS IS GOOD STUFF! WHEN I CHECKED IT OUT, I WAS AMAZED!!!!!
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

I was unable to open the link, or access directly. However I did find the page after a google search:

http://www.disabled-world.com/medica...spasticity.php
    When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Wow, that's just amazing. I had no idea that was possible oo

Comment

Hunterd; THANK YOU! I am going to go buy a printer and print this for my MS M.D.; When I asked her about my upper limb spasticity; her answer was "I don't know!"

Lucky for me, my primary is pretty darn good and has auto-immune disease...or, I'd be up a creek! fed

Comment

Botox treatment specifically for upper limb spasticity falls more into the realm of a physiatrist rather than a neuro. So maybe get a referral? You need to pair it with OT so that you can get the most of it when it is at its peak (3 weeks post injection).

I had injections October 17th and just finished one week of OT. The first thing I noticed two days after the injection was just how weak my arm and hand is with reduced tone. I'm going to see how well things go with stretching and exercises and then be reassessed in January to see if I should get more injections in February.

Comment

Originally posted by misslux View Post
            Botox treatment specifically for upper limb spasticity falls more into the realm of a physiatrist rather than a neuro. So maybe get a referral? You need to pair it with OT so that you can get the most of it when it is at its peak (3 weeks post injection).

I had injections October 17th and just finished one week of OT. The first thing I noticed two days after the injection was just how weak my arm and hand is with reduced tone. I'm going to see how well things go with stretching and exercises and then be reassessed in January to see if I should get more injections in February.
            I've been on some medications for the spasticity and it seems to be letting up, but the muscles hurt plenty. And as you said MissLux;

When I got up yesterday morning I felt so weak and weaker than I've ever felt in my life. It is rather alarming...the extreme weakness; I think the spasticity is what kept my frame upright!

I hope some of this weakness is from a pill. IDK, the thot is might not be, is scarey.

I'll have some work to do, now. fed

Comment

Originally posted by Fed Up View Post
              I've been on some medications for the spasticity and it seems to be letting up, but the muscles hurt plenty. And as you said MissLux;

When I got up yesterday morning I felt so weak and weaker than I've ever felt in my life. It is rather alarming...the extreme weakness; I think the spasticity is what kept my frame upright!

I hope some of this weakness is from a pill. IDK, the thot is might not be, is scarey.

I'll have some work to do, now. fed
              Some spasticity is needed, otherwise you will just be a wet noodle. At least that is what my physical therapist told me.
              hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
              volunteer
              MS World
              hunterd@msworld.org
              PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Working...
              X