This is about my Dog.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by audima View Post
    So, so sorry about your cat - animals are such a joy and I know it is so painful to lose them. Good reminder for all of us to keep a better eye on them.
    Thanks so much for caring. Lot's of love and pain when you adopt a beautiful animal. We outlive them, so we are taking a huge emotional risk when we add them to our families.

My mother in law always said outside of her children, she really preferred the company of animals over people. I consider myself a peace loving humanitarian, but I am just like my mother in law now. I have seen so many evil people and not one evil animal. If an animal is mean, it is almost always due to human intervention.

Sadly, the morning that Tigger got killed, I squirted the hell out of him with my water bottle because I caught him slashing on my curtains/couch. I hate the water bottle thing, but I have found it is effective in stopping such destructive behaviors. My mother in law loved her cats o much she decided she would rather them shred everything in site - and trust me, the did, than use the water squirter. I wish I hadn't doused him on his last day of life and I hate myself for it.

We buried him up the rivet with his favorite toy. My husband marked it with a stone I have yet to visit.

I have never had an opening to spill my guts out about this pain until I saw this post. I thank all my fellow animal lovers for listening. My entire family goes through waves of deep depression, but not at the same time, so we never want to bring it up.

Of course when a photo shows up on the computer or somewhere, we are all in the black hole together. To help us through this, we did have to delete a bunch of photos as they were starting to haunt us. He was our new baby and we took so many pics it was ridiculous. No one ever thought things were going to shake out like this...and do fast. We figured he would just grow old, fat, and comfortable with age, just as our other cats have.
    Tawanda

Comment

Originally posted by Tawanda View Post
      My adopted cat got outside and hit by a car while my husband was in and out putting Halloween lights on the house. Traffic had been re routed due to paving, so we had a lot more street traffic than usual. We were careless. The cat was not a year old even. Between the guilt and the loss, I had to up my anti-depressants. Just last night my DD came from her bedroom crying and asking for a hug because she was thinking about Tigger.

Please don't let your cat outside.
      Tawanda,

Sorry to hear about your cat. We live near a nature preserve, but we're right in the middle of a large metropolitan area. Folks intentionally let their cats roam, and we don't have traffic, but we have coyotes, and cats are disappearing at an alarming rate. The neighborhood association has warned everyone, but people evidently aren't listening...we used to see cats roaming, or hear them...not anymore. Afraid the coyotes got a lot of them.

We lost our 2 dogs within months of each other. The older one had a stroke and we had to put her down. And a couple months later, the 7 year old was diagnosed with agressive lymphoma, and he only lasted a couple months.

We waited about a month and adopted the same breed from our breed rescue organization in our state...but within a day we had to have him to the vet, and then 2 days later back...he was really sick with kennel cough and he was urinating blood, but they found no structural problems, so probably just a bad UTI. Nothing like a little stress of a very sick dog after having had to put two down recently. But he appears to be on the mend, so we're glad.

Have you considered getting another cat? Shelters are full of animals to adopt.

Comment

TIMMY

Originally posted by rdmc View Post
        Tawanda,

Sorry to hear about your cat. We live near a nature preserve, but we're right in the middle of a large metropolitan area. Folks intentionally let their cats roam, and we don't have traffic, but we have coyotes, and cats are disappearing at an alarming rate. The neighborhood association has warned everyone, but people evidently aren't listening...we used to see cats roaming, or hear them...not anymore. Afraid the coyotes got a lot of them.

We lost our 2 dogs within months of each other. The older one had a stroke and we had to put her down. And a couple months later, the 7 year old was diagnosed with agressive lymphoma, and he only lasted a couple months.

We waited about a month and adopted the same breed from our breed rescue organization in our state...but within a day we had to have him to the vet, and then 2 days later back...he was really sick with kennel cough and he was urinating blood, but they found no structural problems, so probably just a bad UTI. Nothing like a little stress of a very sick dog after having had to put two down recently. But he appears to be on the mend, so we're glad.

Have you considered getting another cat? Shelters are full of animals to adopt.
        Coyotes!!

I do have 2 adopted cats, middle-aged, and they hated Tigger. I also had a 3rd cat before as my MIL died. We took him in until we could find a good home for it. Again, my two cats were not welcoming, and he was a spoiled boy, too, and didn't take any of their crap!

Tigger was just happy, happy, happy and my other cats couldn't do anything to change that (as hard as they tried). We go back and forth about getting another cat, but maybe 3 was just too many for us to keep safe. Too much coming and going and doors opening.

I love animals SO MUCH, but alas...they break my heart. I keep seeing posters of the latest lost dog every time I take my walk, no matter how many times I change my route! I avert my eyes as I pass them because they upset me so much, but today I caught the dog's name...TIMMY! Any family who put that many colored, laminated signs up must really, really be heartbroken. At least I know what happened to Tigger, as horrific as it is. I am praying for this family every night for an Easter miracle.
        Tawanda

Comment

My Dutchess

I just lost my black Lab Dutchess last month. I'd know the time was coming for months, it didn't make it any easier.
          I'd made it through DH diagnosis in Feb this year and have been riding a wave of one tragedy after another for 6 months. When we took her in the dam burst and all the tears flowed. Even in death she took care of me.

Comment

Working...
          X