No announcement yet.

It's over I guess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copy that mynamegoeshere!!!!! Scooter you have got the kind of attitude that I have been striving for for the past 13 years. So happy for you!!!

Comment

Well I figured it was time for an update, my lady golfer freind and I both came to the conclusion that we are forever going to be best freinds but there is not a single spark of romance as much as we were both hoping there would be, so we no longer are seeing each other in a dating situation but continue to be best freinds and talk and play golf quiet often. I have since gone out with 3 other ladies but nothing came of the dates so I am still on the hunt.

The ex showed up unexpectidly a week ago from Ireland and wanted to talk but I would not,I have not even seen her since she got here and only talked to her once on the phone for about 2-3 min. she is leaving to go back to Ireland on the 21st, but she did manage to create a lot of tension and stress in the short time she was here and I will be glad when she leaves and we can return to looking forward to the holidays with the new grandbaby.
      Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

What an amazing unfolding story you've shared with us. It's a positive example for everyone who is in a bad marriage but is more afraid of what's out there than what they are enduring.

As for your wife, perhaps she is simply unable to deal with illness. My wife is sure she has cancer every other week in a different body part, so I have to understand when she says she can't go to the doctor with me. It doesn't excuse your wife, but some people really can't deal with illness.

Thanks for that. It made my day!

Comment

Wow. From Aug. till now. I felt like a snoop reading the four pages but I can honestly say thank you Scooter for sharing your story.

Comment

Big A- sorry I left part of the story out, have found out from her brother actually that she is with an old boyfreind now. My one daughter comnfirmedthat also, so me being sick was used as an excuse.

Me and my girls along with thier husband and boy freinds had a fantastic Christmas , my oldest confided in me that it was so much better without the tension that there was before.

I did meet someone since my last post and have been out a number of times, we are going on a dinner cruise tonight for New years Eve and I have been invited to her families New years day get together. So we will see where things go from here. Happy Newyear to all.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostgirl View Post
              Wow. From Aug. till now. I felt like a snoop reading the four pages but I can honestly say thank you Scooter for sharing your story.

me too !

Glad things are on the up and up
              Peace ~~ Kat

Comment

Must be the planetary alignment

I am going through the same thing. 22 years for me. Sick part is after a 9 month affair with a 'ho from work 17 years younger than me, having her hubby come and tell me.

We go to counseling, he goes into I can't cope with your MS...I was diagnosed five years ago. Would routinely try to catch his attention and say hey, want to do some research, meet my doctor?

No. He can't see a future with a cripple. Nice move..Hopefully I can get a decent settlement on move on.

Comment

Wow didn't realize it's been that long since I updated my story now over 2 yrs. Well as things seem to happen I met someone at a friends sons wedding ( we later found out it was a set up by my friends wife) We were sitting next to each other and hit it off right away, she is just as crazy as I am. We have been dating for almost a year now and have decided its time for us to share a home and she will be moving in with me as soon as my new house is finished.

She is a home health care nurse and fully aware of what could happen to me and is willing to be by my side no matter what life throws at me. I get along great with her kids and mine are warming up to her finally. She is also divorced and neither of us can decide if we want to get married again or not so we will see how that situation goes forward from here.

We both feel like we are 16 again and can't wait to see each other when we are apart. Now I know what they mean about being in a relationship with your best friend and its great, never had that feeling before. We don't need to be doing anything or going any place to have fun. which might be due to our age but don't care. We have fun just sitting and watching a movie at home.

Having seen others with MS she is impressed with my attitude and the fact I push thru tuff times and don't complain all the time. She needs both knees replaced so she cant walk any faster than me so that's great lol.

Guess what I'm saying is yes there are people out there that will accept you as you are and love you despite it so don't give up, it took a while and dating different women to find her but I did.

Comment

Thanks for sharing Scooter. Glad to hear the update. And, so glad to hear your positive story.

~ Faith
                    ~ Faith
                    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Good new Scooter! I love hearing stories like yours. It sounds like you've found someone who loves you and is willing to share your journey with you. You've found that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow
                      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Truth be told..

..you will be better off. My hub started an affair at work and we did counseling but he is clearly not into being married after 23 years. So we are divorcing. Now going through the process - so that's a bit unnerving.

But I got out of a really big house and into on thats smaller, one story and with my dogs. The kids followed - college age, but they will be out of here in a couple years.

I am actually happier. I can take care of myself. The only worry are finances. But day to day it more peaceful than dealing with someone who looked at me as damaged goods. he tried but not a lot of people are into a future with a disablecd person. I would have rather he been honest and just left, but he cheated and was caught in a most 'reality TV way' which i certainly did not need.

So get through this and plan on being happier.

I am 60 and facing the next 20-30 years alone but to be truthful it is easier than having an unfaithful or disinterested spouse.

Comment

Working...
                        X