Care-Partnering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Care-Partnering?

Is this a new term or am I just seeing it for the first time? I thought it was care-givers or care-providers.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Originally posted by Jules A View Post
    Is this a new term or am I just seeing it for the first time? I thought it was care-givers or care-providers.
    Not so new, really. Some use it to differentiate between a professional, as in some one who is paid to assist in your care (care-giver/provider) and someone you'd have a personal relationship with (spouse, for example).

Others use it to specifically reflect a partnership in care, in which both the PwMS and their partner are equal in the relationship as opposed to the partner just providing care and decision making, etc. as they might for an infant.

Personally, we don't use either. While my husband does lend a hand when I am particularly bad, he is neither care giver or care partner. He's still my husband.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsBones View Post
      Personally, we don't use either. While my husband does lend a hand when I am particularly bad, he is neither care giver or care partner. He's still my husband.
      I like it.
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Jules A View Post
        I like it.
        I have to say, so do I.

Comment

Working...
        X