No longer married

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No longer married

My divorce was finalized today. I'm no longer married. And it feels good, but weird.

My husband and I were married for over six years, but have been separated since January 2010. We still maintain a friendly relationship, which has made this whole thing much easier, but we can never live together. He was extremely controlling and emotionally abusive (and was starting to become physically abusive too.) I think I posted here about some of the problems we were having back then.

I'm back to my maiden name too, so now I have to go get my driver's license, my social security card, my insurance, my employee files, everything switched over. Oh joy!

I will never marry again because I am scared to death I would get someone just like him again. But I'm free now and very happy!
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Don't really know what to say, but thank you for sharing. Change, even for the best, can be a little unsettling. Just another "new normal". It seems that every time we turn around we're adjusting to something new.

Paula

Comment

Thanks, Paula. This year has been full of upheavals, it seems. My dad just passed away last month, and now I'm divorced. A lot of other stuff went on during the first of the year. I hope things settle down now. I've had enough change for awhile.
      Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
      Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
      Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Going through this myself :/
        It kind of seems like this year has been one horrible thing after the next, for a lot of people.
        I'm surprised that with everything going on I'm not massively flaring, just everyday kind of flaring haha. I hope your symptoms are keeping in check despite everything and that you are doing well
        Also, congrats on a relatively positive divorce. I know it's not easy!

Comment

Working...
        X