Marriage Ended due to MS...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marriage Ended due to MS...

and it was the best choice i had ever made! It's amazing just how much a bad marriage can affect your MS. Within a month i was off my daily Provigil and getting a full nights sleep.

It's scary as hell as i've come up with a concern...if and when i do decide to date again, im split 50/50 if i should disclose my MS upfront or not. Just recently an old flame contacted me, a christian at that or so he claims, and wow did his personality change after telling him about the MS. I dont hear from him anymore. Im on Tysabri and was Dx in the beginning of 2006. I went through most of the MS drugs and ended up on Ty and i love it.

Back to the question at hand, for those who are single, how do you deal with the idea of being a burden on someone? I mean seriously, if we disclose our MS in the beginning, most wont even give us a second thought. Last is that we don't want to lie or be accused of trapping someone either. Since i cant answer this, I've been to afraid to accept any invitations because im still undecided, any opinions on this?
    Thanks....Shannon

Be Honest

Those that don't give you a second look after you disclose your MS is not worth your time. Why waste it?

Comment

Hmmm, MS is the ultimate litmus test.

"I have MS"

Potential date scrams.

"I have MS"

Potential date hangs around.

Dx: 2/3/12. 6-8 lesions right medulla/cervical spine. GLATIRAMER ACETATE 40 mg 1/19, medical marijuana 1/18. Modafinil 7/18, Women's multivitamin, Caltrate + D3, Iron, Vitamin C, Super B Complex, Probiotics, Magnesium, Biotin.

Comment

It would be one of the first things I would mention and although it might sting if the person bolts it definitely weeds out those that can't handle it.

I would also try to be understanding of those who are scared away from getting involved with someone who has a disease this unpredictable and possibly debilitating.

Personally I wouldn't knowingly get involved with someone who has MS or a similar disease and figure if something happens with DH I'll just forge ahead solo.
        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
        Anonymous

Comment

Working...
        X