Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HUSBAND IS NOT INTERESTED IN SEX SINCE MS DX

HI EVERYONE!

SINCE MY DX, MY HUSBAND HAS NOT WANTED SEX WITH ME. IN FACT, HE IS VERY EVASIVE AND WE DON'T SPEND ANY TIME. I REALIZE HE HAD A TRUCK LOAD OF RESPONSIBILITIES EVERY SINCE HE IS THE ONLY PERSON WORKING OUTSIDE THE HOME, HOWEVER, I MAKE SURE HE HAS A BALANCED SUPPER FOR HIS JOB, CLEAN CLOTHES, AND A CLEAN HOUSE WHEN HE RETURNS. I TRIED TO GO TO SCHOOL AND GET A JOB, BUT HAVING AN UNSTABLE WALK PREVENTED ME FROM GETTING JOBS. I
    THOUGHT THE IDEA OF MS, MADE HIM THINK THAT I'M EASILY FRAGILE, BUT I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING WRONG WITH ME EXCEPT MY WALKING. I DON'T KNOW IF ANYONE EXPERIENCE THIS BEFORE, BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY EXCEPT I AM SAD FOR NOT BEING ABLE TO WORK OUTSIDE THE HOME, BUT JUST ME SAYING THIS, NOTHING GETS BETTER! CAN ANYONE GIVE ME SUGGESTS ON WHAT I CAN DO?

Let him know you want. His head must be in a storm of ideas, worries and feelings. Also, try to to dress just nice enough with normal everyday clothes, do not receiving him whe he arrives after work in grandma's pajamas. Use a little make up and perfume, do not over do it.

I, as a man, can tell when my wife needs me and also it makes a lot of difference when I see how she's looks just my making little changes to look more attractive. Do not think you need tobover do it to work, just a little is enough.

Also, this has nothing to do with how you think you look now compared to before. All women are beautiful when they think they are and when they want to be.

Comment

i agree with gandolph, im sure he is still attracted to you he is just taking a lot in. i would reccomend sitting him down and explaining how you both feel and honesty is always best. i believe it is better to confront an issue before it gets out of hand, good luck to you both. Ryan

Comment

Opposite

I'm exactly opposite. I don't want it anymore since my dx and I'm a female. I feel for my husband, but I'm often in a lot of pain and afraid to.
        RRMS 10/2011 Sick and tired of being sick and tired!

Comment

Well, I don't know why, but since I've been diagnosed (8 years ago) SX has become less and less interesting. I'll rather run a mile in the bitter cold than do that.

I think the best option is therapy in this case.

Sorry, I just don't have any answers here, but I do know that this is very very common in most marriage, where one person has MS.

Comment

Serioulsy, my wife only has to smile! thats all i need to get me going .

so if you can smile or laugh that is very attractive to me as a man.

My wife could look like godzilla with hair all messed up, no makeup etc but if she smiles she better be ready!

And i do love to make her laugh a lot

Comment

Originally posted by Razgo View Post
              Serioulsy, my wife only has to smile! thats all i need to get me going .

so if you can smile or laugh that is very attractive to me as a man.

My wife could look like godzilla with hair all messed up, no makeup etc but if she smiles she better be ready!

And i do love to make her laugh a lot
              TOO FUNNY!!!!! I agree.....and read "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus"....it explained soooooo much to me!
              Insanity is doing the same thing over and over then expecting a different result
              "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death" -Earl Wilson

Comment

Not sure this applies to your case, but here goes. When my wife told me the doctor mentioned MS, one of my first thoughts was "Is it contagious?" It was a great relief to me, and to my wife, to find out MS is not contagious. Anyway, maybe a silly suggestion but I know it was a worry for me. (BTW I've learned a lot in the short time since then!)
                Originally posted by traceyco View Post
                HI EVERYONE!

SINCE MY DX, MY HUSBAND HAS NOT WANTED SEX WITH ME. IN FACT, HE IS VERY EVASIVE AND WE DON'T SPEND ANY TIME. I REALIZE HE HAD A TRUCK LOAD OF RESPONSIBILITIES EVERY SINCE HE IS THE ONLY PERSON WORKING OUTSIDE THE HOME, HOWEVER, I MAKE SURE HE HAS A BALANCED SUPPER FOR HIS JOB, CLEAN CLOTHES, AND A CLEAN HOUSE WHEN HE RETURNS. I TRIED TO GO TO SCHOOL AND GET A JOB, BUT HAVING AN UNSTABLE WALK PREVENTED ME FROM GETTING JOBS. I
                THOUGHT THE IDEA OF MS, MADE HIM THINK THAT I'M EASILY FRAGILE, BUT I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING WRONG WITH ME EXCEPT MY WALKING. I DON'T KNOW IF ANYONE EXPERIENCE THIS BEFORE, BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY EXCEPT I AM SAD FOR NOT BEING ABLE TO WORK OUTSIDE THE HOME, BUT JUST ME SAYING THIS, NOTHING GETS BETTER! CAN ANYONE GIVE ME SUGGESTS ON WHAT I CAN DO?

Comment

Working...
                X